Chapter 1 - Ways of living

Chapter 1 - Ways of living

A Chapter by Laura
"

Ashty and Lamont spend some time together.

"
Ashty Elstric

 

3046 - the time when airships filled the sky and magic was a thing for the evil and crazy. We have no family to tell us right from wrong or give us advice on all of our problems but we manage with the help of my birthmother Megan, the only person that really knows us well. She knew both of our parents and was the one that gave us a bed each night. We did pay her board, but she never knew how we got the money…

I was following a guard, watching his every move to find the right time to 'bump' into him and run off in the other direction before he found out what he just lost. I found my chance, he was going through a large crowd and lots of people were bumping into him so he wouldn't notice. I lined myself up and went for it.

'Oh, sorry sir,' I said as I stole his coin pouch. I ran before he could answer me  and sprinted for the big fountain in the main square of Qubinariea, our home in the sky and the one place we thought would never change, we made a competition out of stealing coin and it worked too! It was an easy way for getting money for rent and food and all of the other expenses that came with this life. When I can to the fountain, Lamont was already there, just waiting to boast about how much coin he had. I was always so shocked when I saw him, with his short, dirty blonde hair, his broad shoulders and he was strong, I suppose that is what happens when you train for sword fighting, not that he will ever need it. He was so tanned too, girls could get jealous for how tanned he was. I always see other girls look over at him and he would be with me. He could be with any girl he wanted, but instead he spends his time with me. He used to casually flex his muscles whenever he saw me, but he doesn't anymore, he just flashes me his cutest smile and runs up to me and gives me a huge hug.

'Well, it's about time! I've been here for ages! Oh, and guess how much coin I have? 7 gold and 5 silver! We can soon buy Marline her medicine and she will feel so much better. Huh, weird so many people have the same illness…' He said, he was always one to help a damsel in distress - no matter what the situation.

'Lamont don't worry. We will get the money, I mean come on, we steal from the guards all of the time and then we do odd jobs for that stuck up douchebag, Gerald, and that even gives us free food so we don't have to pay for that either. So just don't worry about it,' I said, always having to be the mature one here.

'I know but sometimes I just feel like something bad is going to happen, like this peacefulness just isn't going to last, like…' he said as he started shaking.

I grabbed hi wrists.

'Don't worry about it, even if that does happen the sanctum will step in and take care of it like always,' I said calming his nerves.

I started to walk home thinking he was going to stop me, as usual.

'Hang on Ashty, isn't it your birthday today?' he asked, as if he just remembered - he has always known in the past

'Oh, yes it is. I'm 18 today! Wow, you know what, ever since we met, when we were 14, we have always been a pain in the a*s to the guards and to think we still are now, 4 years later!' I said, surprised at the fact that all of this was true.

'Ha, yes we have but today it is al about you, we are going to do whatever you want and all of the money we got today will be used towards whatever you want and there are no buts!' he said, almost as if he rehearsed it… anyway, when he said it like that, I can't say no - he won't let me!

'ugh, Lamont o don't want you to do this. You know I hate being spoilt!' I argued.

'Nope, already done. You and I are spending the whole day together and we are focusing on you, so come on!' he said, dragging me towards the shopping district.

'Oh, by the way, I have 10 gold and 7 silver!' I said with a smug look on my face. He laughed and pulled me faster.



© 2012 Laura


Author's Note

Laura
There might be a few errors so please tell me if there are :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Okay, to be frank I didn't quite understand this chapter. I'll help you out if you can tell me the story plot and how you're trying to write it. Don't take it to your heart, I'll be glad to help!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on March 10, 2012
Last Updated on March 10, 2012


Author

Laura
Laura

Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia



About
Im 14 and new at writing so I hope you guys like my stories i post. I like writing about things that kinda can't happen cause i like to beleive :) more..

Writing
Step out of the box Step out of the box

A Chapter by Laura


Assassination 14 Assassination 14

A Story by Laura