Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Asilem

Unedited

 

Part 2

 

He stepped back. "I'll be watching," he threatened.

 

I nodded. I stepped out from the cover of the tree and headed for the gate. They heard my footsteps and turned their flashlight towards me.

 

"Did you do it?" Dave asked.

 

"I couldn't find it," I lied. "And my flashlight died and I accidently dropped it."

 

"Damn, you're such a whimp," Josh sneered.

 

"Well, then why didn't you volunteer to go?" I threw at him. "Since you make it sound so easy."

 

"Because I don't need to prove myself," he said.

 

"Yeah, sure," I said sarcastically. "Where's Alex?"

 

"He left with Pheobe," Dave explained. "Said he'd rather be getting laid than hangin' around with his sister."

 

"Sounds 'bout right," I muttered to myself.

 

"Come on. Let's go," Josh said. "This is lame."

 

"Byes." I twiddled my fingers at them, glad to see them leave.

 

I watched as they piled into Josh's van and left. I made sure they were out of sight before I turned and waved my arms, attempting to beckon him from the shadows.

 

He slowly emerged, striding toward me. His blood red eyes were narrowed.

 

"What?" I asked. "I said you could trust me."

 

"Trust is earned," he stated.

 

"Good. Did I just prove myself?"

 

"Not yet," he said. "Now where is this 'car' you were speaking of earlier?"

 

"Over here," I gestered to my black Volkswagon Bug.

 

He eyed it wearily. "A carraige with no horses?"

 

"It doesn't need them," I said.

 

"Then how does it go?"

 

"The engine."

 

"What is an... engine?"

 

"Would you like to see?" I offered.

 

He thought for a moment. "No. Can your... car take me to White Hill Manor?" he asked.

 

"Yeah. Why do you want to go there? I thought it had been vacant for years."

 

"It is my home. Of my greatest knowledge, I was the last person who lived there."

 

My eyes widened. "Wow," I said for the second time tonight. I started to the car while he followed. I went to the driver's side. "You sit on the passenger side," I said to him as I climbed into my seat.

 

"Are you not going to open my door?" I heard him say.

 

"Why the hell would I do that?" I climbed back out and leaned on the roof.

 

"I am above you. Is it still not customary for you to serve those of higher birth?"

 

My eyebrows raised and I gave him this Are-you-f*****g-kidding-me look. "No." I rolled my eyes and climbed back in.

 

He yanked the door open, slid in, and slammed the door.

 

"Hey, careful! This car is an antique."

 

"That does not concern me."

 

"It'll concern you if I punch you in the face because my door got damaged or fell off."

 

He looks at me straight on, a surprised look on his face. As we stare at each other, an amused smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

 

"What's so funny?" I asked.

 

"The thought of you doing harm to me is amusing."

 

I snorted. "Put on your seatbelt," I told him. "Like this," I proceeded by demonstrating with my own, doing it slowly so he could understand.

 

He did it pretty quickly, though, which surprised me. He saw my expression and said, "I am a fast learner."

 

I nodded, sliding my key into the ignition and starting the car.

 

He jumped like he'd been touched with a hot poker. He gripped the seat with both hands, but his face remained calm.

 

"Don't be afraid," I said. "That was just the engine. It's pretty safe."

 

I was aware of him watching me closely as I switched gears and pulled out onto the road.



© 2013 Asilem


Author's Note

Asilem
Same as for Part 1. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is actually highly entertaining...Lol. I'm not a vampire fan, but I like this so far.The title has a nice ring to it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like it :D thats all Im saying for now XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2013
Last Updated on February 7, 2013
Tags: vampire, graveyards, cemetery, love, cars, teen


Author

Asilem
Asilem

Washinton DC, DC



About
all about me!!Created by cutiepie656 and taken 13227 times on Bzoink*Basics*name: Asilem birthday: 3/20/98 zodiac sign: Picses where were you born: Virginia where do you live now: Virginia height: 5'7.. more..

Writing