Azalea| Chapter One

Azalea| Chapter One

A Chapter by AssonanceWriter

Chapter One


Where am I?

As daylight beat down on me through the window, I raised my hand to shield my eyes. Still, a few things were apparent. 

My life remains intact.

I'm being held captive.

I can smell a hundred humans outside of these walls.

No, scratch that; I know where I am.

There was the sound of someone walking in heels, perhaps a woman. With each step she took towards me, lights flickered despite the cruel UV rays of the sun. Even though I wasn't human, I had something called standards, and a butch woman wasn't it. Her eyes spoke for her before she could even speak. 

"You're not my type," I assured her.

She scoffs but maintains her distance.

"I had no idea vampires had a type," She says,

"Well, now you know,"

"Thirsty?" She asks,

My spine tingled at the mention of the word. Then I swallowed hard even though my throat was parched. I hadn't drunk anything in who knows how long. The flames humans used to eradicate our kind still clung to me. Usually, when a vampire ends up here, it means instant death�"an execution.

Surprisingly, the thought of dying didn't frighten me as I accepted my fate willingly. Being held captive here and being experimented by humans was far worse than death. It would be liberating for me to die. As a child, there was a part of me that longed for a world where humans and vampires could live together. A contract was breached not long after. Every year, a son or daughter gets surrendered to us as a Blood offering. In order to make drinks, their blood was drained from their bodies until they were bled dry. It is reasonable for this woman to hate on my kind; I inspect her as she pulls the lever on the right side to open the gate. After being cuffed around my wrists, I followed behind and traced my eyes on her again; due to her masculine build, there was nothing remarkable about her appearance. To not hide the scar on the left side of her face, she has a short undercut with long bangs neatly brushed to the other side. Seeming to sense my long gaze, her eyes slid toward me.

"Stop staring," 

"I…I'm not," I stammered,

The enormous walls surrounding the stadium made the humans feel safe. There was a ripple of movement when I was brought to the center. 

"Lilith," She says suddenly,

"Aluca," I returned,

Lilith uncuffed me as she paraded through to the stage. The rumors that I heard about the Prince were true. He sat on his throne behind a protective barrier in case Vampire captives tried to attack. The corner of the Prince's mouth quirked over his feminine features. Behind the thick glass, I could feel his attention on Lilith.

"Lilith will have the honors," The Prince stated,

A collective exhalation escaped the crowd as I sat on the chair where I would meet my end.

"Your highness, we have others more qualified to slaughter the..."

"No," The Prince responded, "Lilith will kill him,"

With the loud indistinct crowd cheering and waiting, I glance at Lilith. Waiting for the inevitable impact, I take a deep breath. 

Damn, even in death, I thirst

There is no doubt that I am a monster.



© 2023 AssonanceWriter


Author's Note

AssonanceWriter
This is my first attempt to write a Vampire Love story; tell me what your thoughts are.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on January 15, 2023
Last Updated on January 21, 2023
Tags: AssonanceWriter, Family, Bond, Friendships, action, adventure, romance, Vampire


Author

AssonanceWriter
AssonanceWriter

Saint Paul, MN



About
AssonanceWriter LAST LOG IN: January 25, 2024 TIME: 10:07 P.M (Central Time) more..

Writing