The Psychiatrist

The Psychiatrist

A Story by Atharva Kulkarni
"

To what length will you go to achieve success?

"



“George is dead.This time Dave went too far. I didn’t know he was capable of such extreme violence.His schizophrenia has become acute. I am sorry, he will be kept in police custody for the next 24 hours, and I will personally take care of him, but I cannot guarantee that they will allow him to leave.”

Sarah looked up at the psychiatrist and tried to muster the strength to see his face to reply,but failed to do so. She had not slept for the last 24 hours and was tired. “Before coming to you, his condition was better.And you know this.”, she said.

“Are you trying to say he did this because of me? If Rosmuth was not such a good friend of mine, then I wouldn’t even have accepted the case of your brother !” , he shouted at her. A tear rolled down her cheek, and the next moment she was crying. It had been a tough week for her, and had ended with the death of her best friend at the hands of her brother. Dave was suffering from schizophrenia, that was true, but his condition was not acute,until after his appointments with Dr Fred Taylor, Rosmoth’s friend. Rosmoth taught Sarah at the University.

He observed her for a second,then shook his head, said he was sorry for the outburst and didn’t mean a word of it, and left the room. It had been a tough week for him too. He was leading the R&D department of a famous company, and was under a lot of pressure as his latest research had come to a dead end.He had been threatened by his seniors of dire consequences if the demands were not met.And he had been declined experimentation on humans even though his drug had worked on lower mammals.He made his way to the room where Dave was kept, greeted the officer in charge , said he wanted to have a word with the boy in there, requested not to disturb them and went in.

He went to the boy and took out his phone. He took out a pair of gloves from his pocket and wore them, and then slowly lifted the right eyelid of the boy.He then felt his pulse. There was none. Dave was dead.

He called Professor Rosmuth, and said that this case also failed the TX-23 drug, and with a sigh sat down, on the opposite chair.His phone buzzed as he received a message from his friend- “My god Fred, that’s the fourth person who has died in the past six months, how many more do you want? I don’t know if I can do this anymore, and the money that you give me is not worth it.”

He replied- “ Until I find out what’s wrong with the drug, more.And his sister has been infected as well”

© 2018 Atharva Kulkarni


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Oh my goodness! Such great short thrills are my fave!!
And schizophrenia is a bad causing illness of mind...though tis not a disease but a mental ill truma I guess...
Thanks for sharing this amazing😊...twas a great read!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Atharva Kulkarni

5 Years Ago

Glad you liked it! And thanks for the review!
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcome😊!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Added on June 23, 2018
Last Updated on July 6, 2018

Author

Atharva Kulkarni
Atharva Kulkarni

India



About
Life is a dynamic perspective of something which wants to be static. more..

Writing
FEAR FEAR

A Story by Atharva Kulkarni