The Time of Fishoid's Life

The Time of Fishoid's Life

A Chapter by Atul Aditya

“How?” he asked.

“Well he was on the spaceship” replied Annie.

“No why did you slip out from under the couch?” he asked.

“He called me by name and said I was not to fear him, as he was after all a half-human “replied Annie.

“Didn’t that startle you?” asked the green fishoid humanoid.

“Well time stopped, and I was teleported atleast he was half-human.”

“Hmmm… So you did not panic?”

“Didn’t get the time. It’s only now that I have got enough time to do that.”

“Okay, let’s hear more.”

“I slipped out and he helped me stand up. I thanked him and blurted out in a second if I was going crazy?”

“You thought you were crazy?”

“Not exactly, I was just thinking if someone had slipped me some psychedelic in the weed I smoked last night.”

“Weed? That Stuff that grows in water on earth. Why do you people smoke it? “asked the human-fishoid.

“No not that weed. Drugs weed. Marijuana weed.”

“Which psychedelic you thought you had been given?”

“The Mind-twisting realistic hallucinations inducing kind.” replied Annie bitingly.”Do you really want the listen to the whole story or are you just messing with me. Don’t tell me this is some sort of an intergalactic hyper-real prank.”

“This is no prank, I can tell you that.”

“Then please shut up!”

“Ok.”

“He told me that I was not going crazy, but things happening around me were crazy. He made me sit on the couch and told me that he’ll go fetch me a glass of water. And he was back in few seconds with it, so after accepting the bottle I asked the first sane question . To quote me” Exactly what is going crazy besides me?”. He replied everything.”

“Did you fall in love at first sight with that guy, huh?” the fishmanoid asked.

“I didn’t fall in no bull at first s**t.”

“So what did he replied.”

“He told me that there exists an organization in intergalactic space which protects new young worlds from the knowledge of existence of interspatial society till they themselves are advanced and ready enough to seek it out, so the development of those planets are according to their  planet’s natural course. This organisation known as the space patrol delta also keeps people from other developed planets from exploiting the underdeveloped ones.”

“Don’t tell me that didn’t sound phony!”

“You have no idea. I mean Space Patrol Delta. I could have done better, but unfortunately I was shocked enough to believe it that time. “

“Just so you know your planet didn’t come in extra-terrestrial contact because it’s located in uncharted regions of the third-stars galaxy The Milky Way which has virtually no resources. No wonder we didn’t know that there was even a planet with fourth-grade intelligence. The best we found was planet inhabited with grade-five intelligence honoic carbones or in your colloquial terms bacterium.”

“You are lucky that I don’t consider it offensive.”

“Why would you? You people don’t even have a interplanetary travel. Neither has the bacteria.”

“It’s not the same we have cars to traverse our own world.”

“Bacteria can do that too and without the need for wasting resources for that.”

“What about shuttles, planes, the educational system.”

“I did give you one higher grade, didn’t I?”

Annie breathed out again. It was hard to remain calm, but she needed to get home. “Ok”, she said “May I go on?”

“Yes”.



© 2013 Atul Aditya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 5, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013
Tags: science fiction, time, time stopper, spaceship, aliens, extra-terrestrials, young adult, sci-fi


Author

Atul Aditya
Atul Aditya

Patna, Bihar, India



Writing
The Teaser The Teaser

A Chapter by Atul Aditya