Grandma's (Posted April 30, 2022)

Grandma's (Posted April 30, 2022)

A Story by Audie G. Couch
"

A short story about my Grandma's house, and how I felt at a specific time. Please use the following link to listen to the music while you read. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-ERrsr_wk

"

She drove the car up to the garage then stopped. My tiny right foot was first to the ground, then the left. Eager, I walked towards the front door. My older sister flicked me on the ear as she passed by. Wide eyed, my smile split and a light unforced laugh came out, as I chased after her. My heart swelled with happiness, and love.

The afternoon sun shimmered off the freshly cut green grass, dark red roses; purple faced petunias, and all the other flowers I couldn’t name that lined my grandmother’s walkway.

They smelled sweet, and of lavender. The breeze was fresh, as it swept quickly over my body.

While the giant maple trees she put into worked soil years before my birth stood strong, and tall in the front yard.

With a huge jump up the steps, my sister and I played as we reached the top of the porch. I used my right hand to twist myself around one of the two-by-fours that stabilized the roof above the outside sitting area. All my weight on my heels, I spun round and round. Giggling. Calm, unafraid, I trusted the wood.

 No doubt, I knew that the beam would hold me, just as I knew the man who used a hammer and nails to create part of this home would have held me too, as he once held my own mother.


© 2022 Audie G. Couch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful story shared dear Audie.
"With a huge jump up the steps, my sister and I played as we reached the top of the porch. I used my right hand to twist myself around one of the two-by-fours that stabilized the roof above the outside sitting area. All my weight on my heels, I spun round and round. Giggling. Calm, unafraid, I trusted the wood."
I love and I understand the above lines. Thank you for sharing the amazing story and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Audie G. Couch

1 Year Ago

Thanks Coyote,
I had a deep desire to share this piece for it was one of the happiest moment.. read more
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are welcome Audie and I enjoyed the story.
A warmly written piece of prose. The love and respect flow easily in these lines. A pleasure to read.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Audie G. Couch

1 Year Ago

Thanks Robert. =-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2022
Last Updated on May 11, 2022

Author

Audie G. Couch
Audie G. Couch

Albuquerque, NM



About
30 years old. I love to read, and write about all kinds of different topics. I'm a graduate from Central New Mexico Community College, and enjoy working with others. more..

Writing