Divine Mother

Divine Mother

A Poem by Mother Maggie
"

Happy Mother's Day all. I recognize and honor the Divine Nuturer in all of you.

"

© 2013 Mother Maggie


Author's Note

Mother Maggie
Mother goddess—Gaia
Spinning, swaying, dancing

Graceful—willow lithe
Sturdy—sheltering oak
Mirrored aspects
Of divine beauty

Nourisher, nurturer
Provider, protector
Asking nothing
Mother gives
Her body—her life
That her children
May live.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a wonderful thought, and marvelous way of seeing motherhood across nature. It's so true what you say about "mother" giving her all for her children. Many dads are like that, too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Never ceasing to amaze,
This is ever poetic to a substantial degree. You have rhyme schemes here that are ever so elegant in their layout and usage to create fantastic natural wonders that are symbolic to the female form or even to the degree of the I think they just call it "The mother". I say this because the two trees could be taken as many things ie. woman of smaller and large stature, strength in frailty and weakness in mass, and many more. I rant now so I digress.

"Graceful—willow lithe
Sturdy—sheltering oak
Mirrored aspects
Of divine beauty"

This was my favorite lines within this beauty of writing. I was stunned by the multiple facets I personally saw there. I already over explained myself on that one. I will say it was very hard to choose between those lines and the powerful and sleek rhyme placed upon it's ending. It says a multitude of ideas encompassing the idea of mother be it at any level. Much appreciated this and enjoyed it immensely.
Sincerely
Christopher
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2013
Last Updated on May 12, 2013

Author

Mother Maggie
Mother Maggie

Vancouver, WA



About
I'm a writer, artist, musician and activist who lives in the Pacific Northwest--a region known locally as Cascadia. I'm also an ordained minister through the Universal Life Church who follows and h.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beloved coffee Beloved coffee

A Poem by Angi