The clock

The clock

A Story by Austin Hucks
"

Something I wrote like four or five years ago, but everyone was raving about it, and it's one of the few short stories I've still got on my laptop, so yeah.

"
Tick tock tick tock the clock went. He got annoyed, very annoyed. It continued to tick. He thought that it would stop so he sat down and waited. He looked at the clock. It stopped working. He yelled out for help. He then remembered that no one lived with him. The clock continued clicking, ticking, mocking him.  He decided to go to sleep. When he awoke the clock was not ticking. Then the room felt awkwardly silent. The air some how was void of all sound. Everything outside was perfectly monochromatic. He looked at his body. He too was perfectly monochromatic. He asked someone looking away from him what was going on, without turning around the man completely ignored him. Suddenly he felt a shock. He remembered that he had moved from that place and forgot where he lived. He got a sudden urge to go into an alleyway. As he walked he saw barred windows. Then he heard moaning and screaming from the windows, someone sadistically saying, “Tick tock tick tock time is running out!” He got scared. He ran back from the alley. As he ran he noticed that everything behind him was crumbling away. He ran faster and faster gaining speed at the same pace as his blood pumping. He suddenly was out of the alley. The only person there was the person who ignored him earlier staring at the area of his house; there was a clock tower there. He asked the person again. There was no response. The person was awkwardly still. He shook that man. The man felt cold, as if there was no blood to warm him. He heard ticking from the man’s head. Then the man turned to him. The man’s face was a clock! The clock tower was ticking in a rhythm with the man’s head. He went in to the clock tower. The clock was not there. He suddenly felt very dazed. As his vision faded he fell to the floor.

© 2013 Austin Hucks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

???missing something in the time line maybe?.."It stopped working. He yelled out for help. He then remembered that no one lived with him. The clock continued clicking, ticking, mocking him"

Posted 10 Years Ago


Austin Hucks

10 Years Ago

Like the clock went back to clicking, ticking mocking him.
Larry Dyson

10 Years Ago

oh ok ...missed that...ty

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on June 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013

Author

Austin Hucks
Austin Hucks

Milton, ON, Halton, Canada



About
I'm an aspiring writer. My favorite thing to read is plays in book format, but I read more books. I usually write realistic YA, but I'm dabbling a bit. I've written two books, one of which is on blogg.. more..

Writing
Flash 1 Flash 1

A Story by Austin Hucks


Light Light

A Story by Austin Hucks