Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Nikole

I watched my friends bicker about what the homework was, lightly fanning myself and trying to keep out of the simmering hot sunlight. They grew louder and louder with each minute but I didn’t mind, it would be unusual if they didn’t fight.

“Hey Lev!” I glanced over and saw them staring at me, a nervous smile slid in place. “Page 54 one through twenty.” My brother smiled, being the one who called me, happy to know that I had known. “Thanks Lev, it’s a good thing we have you!” I nodded and pushed myself to stand. “I’m going home though, it’s to hot out!”I didn’t wait for an answer, I just left.

They knew I was like that so they never though much of it. I turned into the alleyway and smiled at the reliving shade. Suddenly a there was something floating before me, blocking the way. ‘Alain Kurosaki?” It questioned, I just stared for a moment before slightly nodded.

‘Participant found.” It announced. The screen flickered on and steamed a few random colors before I could see a dark Silhouette ‘Hello Lev, I am Dr. Myoujou. I am sending you this message to help you understand the occurrences that will shortly follow after this transmission is complete.’ It was a male at least that was one thing I could tell. ‘After the following message is complete, you will be transported by an airship to the city of Talia.’

Airship? I slightly laughed. “Those don’t exist so I can’t really be taken anywhere, not that I exactly want to go at this point.” The recorded figure smiled and looked at the screen. ‘I know what you are thinking but you both right and wrong. They don’t exist in your time and world yet…now, as I was saying.’ He lightly cleared his throat and turned his back to the screen.

‘You will be taken to Talia; you will become a competitor in the tournament known as Destiny of Genesis, aka D.O.G. So be prepared and make sure to have fun!’ The screen went black again and disappeared. “Hey Alain!” I looked back as my brother closed the gap between us but before I could get a word in this giant ship floated above us.

“Oh Shi-” And suddenly everything went black.

__________________________________________________________________

Talia, a city that once was so full of life, bustling with people who go about their busy lives but now Its canals now empty and devoid of its once glittering water and the town left deserted. Once every billon years a tournament called Destiny of Genesis take place and its prize is one true and limitless wish plus your freedom.

There are those who are chosen and forced to join and those who enter of their own free will, either way only few live to tell the tale and even fewer ever escape the city. So please do enjoy the show…but remember…no one escapes Talia.



© 2009 Nikole


Author's Note

Nikole
Please ignore grammer and spelling problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice I like it, It was a bit hard to read so maybe 5 spaces at the begining of each paragraph might help, I know its frusterationg that you can't tab, I hate that. Anyways great story start. Keel writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 2, 2009


Author

Nikole
Nikole

Place Of Sun



About
Hello, I am Nikole and I tend to write in my spare time =] I have a random streak to my old soul and love calm and quite days. I have an odd personal style but I cant seem to change it. more..

Writing
Losing It Losing It

A Poem by Nikole


Ups and Downs Ups and Downs

A Poem by Nikole