Arrivals

Arrivals

A Chapter by Paul Leppard

Standing at the carousel waiting for my luggage, my stomach starts doing that typical post amphetamine lack of nourishment flip that it has been fond of doing these last few years.

At least it wont be doing it anymore, my last wrap of government rated class A narcotic has been devoured, I'm a mad b*****d at times but even I know not to try to get in the US of A carrying anything remotely troublesome.

F**k me in today's climate I'm lucky I'm not carrying a cold or I might be quarantined as an Ebola risk!

I take a lug from the bottle of water I had bought from the plane and at the same time my eyes make contact with those of the pretty girl with the beautiful hair I have been torturing myself over on the plane for the last 7 hrs.

Naturally the water spills and a beautiful snail trail snakes it's way down my crumpled top.

She lets a little smile form on her face and sends a shock wave of awe, lust, shyness and dumbfoundment through my weary body.

Ten years ago I would have had her number by now, we would have had a wonderful flight, she would have laughed at my jokes, we would have gradually allowed for lingering body contact to last a bit longer than normal and then we would have sneaked off to renew our subscriptions to the Mile High Club. But No, not anymore. These past years have sapped my charismatic confidence. Drugs, stress and a development of a conscience has eroded my 'sleep with anything that moves motto' to such a level that my fear of rejection is too much to handle, my arduous self inflicted 7hr torture on the flight is testament to that.

She is looking almost frustrated now at my inability to hit the execute button and open a conversation...

Sorry love, you and your beautiful hair are gonna have to wait until I have rebuilt my sanity and self worth.

I grab my insainly pretentious luggage, which has been emblazoned with the intricate interwoven letters of a stupidly expensive Parisian fashion house, from the carousel, turn and make my way to the Taxi rank.

This is the beginning of a new life journey, memories will be created, demons will be slain and with a large slice of hope clarity and sanity will be restored.

However before that all I must do is get some grub and get my head down. Tomorrow is a whole new day...



© 2014 Paul Leppard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on October 30, 2014
Last Updated on December 6, 2014


Author

Paul Leppard
Paul Leppard

Glastonbury, South West, United Kingdom



About
I am 32 years old and I worked in the financial services industry for 8 years until I had a spiritual awakening. That was 4 years a go and since then I have been on an enjoyable journey to inner peace.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Paul Leppard