Cry Rwanda, your child is gone

Cry Rwanda, your child is gone

A Poem by Avelina
"

About Rwanda War

"
The garbage bag holds cloth full of blood, tissue and body parts, she cries as she ties the bag.

There is no sense to make of this tragedy, this dreadful occurrence, genocide.

She wished she had been the one to die and these Hutus men walking around act like they have nothing to hide.

How could they do this to her child, to her life, to their own fellow human? Now, this Tutsus woman is nothing other than alone.

Her first two children died from sickness and starvation and her last little baby was taken by this irrevocable madness. All that is left of a life she lived for is in this dripping bag.

She finds herself numb and lays down beside what is left of her child and didn’t notice the Hutus man, who in a glimpse grabbed the bag.

Screaming, she arose and chased him as he laughed to a mass grave and threw the bag in. She collapses, sobs and begs loudly for an end.

Death to Hutus men! Death to Tutsis men! The flesh of my child rots with your hate.

Not a moment to waste, she took a bullet to her brain and was kicked in the hole, next to the bag with no shame.

Darkness has taken her, she is no more to suffer the burden of losing and living without her heart, her children.

Bright lights
No war
No genocide

She finds herself putting clothes on the line and feels the warmth of the sun from behind. She hears the laughter getting louder, she turns around, and finds her three little babies safe and sound.

The memory isn’t there of the pain she had felt, no darkness, no hurt, no pain, no regret.

The sky seems different to her but she smiles, that is okay. Today, she is reunited with her heart, for this day she has prayed.

© 2015 Avelina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on August 23, 2015
Last Updated on August 23, 2015
Tags: Rwanda, war, horror, sad, child, mother, death

Author

Avelina
Avelina

About
I love poetry. I am a children's book author. In life I am discovering the pain, joy, love and intense emotions words harbor. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my thoughts and emotions :). more..

Writing