Ode to My Momma

Ode to My Momma

A Poem by Avery James

Many say it's lame to write a poem about your mother but the story we share is unlike any other. When I was young, so was she, and we'd both just begun to see what the world can bring. I experienced the dirtiest places and began to know the lost faces of people gone astray. Later than sooner my mom found her way. I couldn't comprehend let alone mend the wounds our journey had brought. My heart was lost, and it wasn't until college I began to piece the parts. Norman delivered answers before and education to the relations in my life. I met the faces of my generation that would walk the roads of stories I've told. I met her through becoming myself and shelved memories have faded. Doubts have abated and the peace for which I've waited has finally come. So Mom, I love and respect you wholely as your daughter, and you couldn't pick a better man that Thomas as a father. I look forward to your future and the good things ahead. Look to your heart; a tiny thread connected to me.

Because of you I've come to be

and it's for you I see what I see.

© 2009 Avery James


Author's Note

Avery James
Everyone's mother deserves a poem, right? Mine has a bit of a twist.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on May 1, 2009

Author

Avery James
Avery James

OK



About
I am only a nick in time. Music is the blood in my veins. I want to enjoy this place. I do not judge or expect anything from you, as long as you do the same. I love to laugh and make inappropriate jok.. more..

Writing
Released Released

A Poem by Avery James