Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Avery M. Viola

My fist made contact with cement as I hit the hospital wall over and over again. I didn’t care that they were scraped and bloody, I had to vent. Matt and Brendon’s approaching footsteps didn’t bring me comfort like they usually did, I didn’t want them to see me like this. Sadness and anger swelled in my chest, tears spilled down my cheeks and I hit the wall with more force.  Brendon caught my fists before they painted anymore red on the side of the hospital.

“Angeline” he turned me to look at him, his kind green eyes searching my teary blue ones. “Calm down, take deep breaths.”

I took three very deep ragged breaths, not looking at him or Matt. The chilly autumn breeze cooled the stinging in my fists and brushed my long black hair. I cautiously looked at Brendon but quickly returned my gaze to the dead bushes; I hated the pity I saw in his eyes.

“Oh , Angeline” He folded me into one of his wonderful hugs, “I’m so, so sorry. I can’t imagine how you must be feeling right now.”  I looked at Matt knowing he can relate, his eyes still held unshed tears for his own parents. Earlier today my mom and dad had been on the way home from taking my younger brother, John, and my older brother, Carter, to the doctors when an eighteen wheeler had run into them. My parents had died almost instantly and twelve year old John had died during the ambulance ride to the hospital, we were waiting to hear how Carter would be. I had faith that he could make it, he was strong and didn’t give up on anything. Besides, I don’t think I could survive without him. We have been best friends since I was born, in fact, mom used to talk about how often he wanted to give me my bottle and hold me. He was only two when I was born but even then he showed signs of being a wonderful older brother and an even better friend. Everyone used to give me sorry looks when I told them I had two brothers, but I loved them. We all loved each other; we did everything together and were unbelievably close. My cell phone began to play Fur Elise, Matt picked up of the sidewalk where I left it.

“Hello” He answered “No ma’am, this is Matt. Yes, she’s here.” He was quiet for a moment. “Yes, we’ll be more than happy to. Alright, take all the time you need. Goodbye.”

He looked at me, but spoke to Brendon.

“We’re to take her home, they’ll let us know when they hear from the doctors.”

I struggled in Brendon’s arms. “I want to stay here, I don’t want to go home! I can’t go home!” Brendon picked me up and threw me over his shoulders like he used to do, when everything was perfect.

“There is nothing we can do here. Let’s go home, Angeline.”



© 2012 Avery M. Viola


Author's Note

Avery M. Viola
I would love a review and if you have a suggestion for a chapter name that would be greatly appriciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is fantastic! The writing style is great! From the first sentence, I was interested! Despite a teensy amount of grammatical error, it's amazing!

I really wanna read Chapter 2 now! :)

A great chapter title would be "The Beginning of the End" or "Painting Walls".

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, this is fantastic! The writing style is great! From the first sentence, I was interested! Despite a teensy amount of grammatical error, it's amazing!

I really wanna read Chapter 2 now! :)

A great chapter title would be "The Beginning of the End" or "Painting Walls".

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 19, 2012
Last Updated on September 19, 2012


Author

Avery M. Viola
Avery M. Viola

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I love to write, obviousley! And I love music. more..

Writing