What Is Personality?

What Is Personality?

A Story by Awaking Dreamer

Personality is actually a little funny word... cause...

Personality is the side of person what he/she can't control. Right?

There is so many situations in our life when people just react on situations instead of act or think or feel. The personality part of us is the one doing the reacting, your true self does the acting part...

Lets look at the word "reacting", it means doing same action over and over. So, reacting is the part of you who will always do the same thing, without considering the details of that specific situation. When something similar happens, our personality will react always the same. That can't be good, right?

But what if you would get more and more control over your thoughts and feelings, then your personality grows smaller? Situations you reacted in before become choices where you decide what is the best course of action to take.

Doesn't that sound better than reacting?

Since i have been practicing taking more control over my thoughts and feelings, as a part of another practice, i have found that it is more and more harder to take personality tests, i mean, i could practically choose any answer... it would depend on situation i am in and what would be the consequences.

For clarification, i don't think that making personality smaller takes away what that person is (funny using that word now, but okay). There is a lot of things i don't consider as part of ones personality, like having a good heart, tenderness, trustworthiness, sense of right and wrong... most of those things that people consider really good parts of personality. I think that those come from a little deeper part of you than brain, where personality is. So, making ones personality smaller won't change who they are, just the opposite actually, it would let them make the decisions they would make... not to react in a previously programmed way.

So, what is the point of this story? I just want to make people think i guess, to make them see that it is wrong to blame your own personality when you have done something wrong, as if you couldn't help it: "you are what you are and you cant change that", it is simply giving up. And to show people that there is always a choice, if you quiet the noise in your head, you will see it.

© 2009 Awaking Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Personality ..its your footprints..your ides ,your thoughts that you gathered over the years
your principals in life that you worked hard to keep them,and always afraid of losing them
in this strange stupid world that asks you to comply with the outside world,to be
flexible as they say and not so rigid while in fact they are asking you to lose yourself
and person and everything that people have known you through..its your finger prints
that you leave on everything you touch ,your giving ideas on matters around you..
its what makes you different from others but without taking so much pride on it,
on the contrary a good stable personality is something unique and loveable about you
People will know you and depend on your..personality
that was a very nice writing ,it makes you think and so its good,i loved it
lovely write ..

Posted 15 Years Ago


Personality...is indeed a word. It is more then a word though, as all 'named' things are. So often we take words and turn them into the actual 'thing' When infact the thing we are attempting to define in the first place is much more complex then simply a word.

Personality as an excuse? Yes for some, for many infact. But for us, you are right, it should be something else. IT should be a 'part' of what we are, not our entire being.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2009
Last Updated on May 7, 2009

Author

Awaking Dreamer
Awaking Dreamer

Estonia



About
A leaf in the storm, trying to shelter the whole earth from rain. If any of you would like to make music for my "lyrics" in poem section then feel free to let me know. I would so appreciate it :) I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..