Chapter I

Chapter I

A Chapter by Awesomealixe




Letting out a small sigh, Anna clasped her hands together as she slouched in her chair. It was only recently that her mother scolded her for her un-ladylike actions yet Anna couldn't even find herself to care about those harsh words she heard escape her mother's lips. Anna was currently sat in a large ball room with nothing but a bored expression painted onto her face as she was to endure the torture of hearing ladies talking about the most recent fashions and which lord they wished to marry, whilst men spoke about sports and many unimportant topics that Anna didn't care about. As her eyes travelled around the room, Anna quickly sat up straight as her mother walked towards her with a fake smile.


"Annabelle, I have a lovely gentleman who I think you would just love to meet!" Anna's mother, Lady Darcy, said in a high pitched voice. As much as Anna envied her mother for her grace and beauty, she was starting to loathe the fact she was being brought up by a snob who thought of herself and only herself. Anna has always vowed to never be like her mother. 


Reluctantly, Anna rose from her chair and followed her mother by taking her gloved hand and being led through the crowds. As Anna walked through the group of Lords and Ladies, she could only be confused as she over heard conversations about settling down and finding someone to share their inheritance with. Why was money and social standing so important? Anna could barely have a man hold a conversation with her, let alone propose to her. It was probably because Anna wasn't interested in love or society's rules and regulations. She wanted to be unique. The young and powerful Lady who didn't need a man to tell her what was right and wrong, or to tell her to be a better house wife. 

Shortly afterwards, Darcy and Anna were both stood before a man of the same height as Anna's mother. Although Darcy was a woman of average height, Anna was a lot shorter but Darcy tried to tell her daughter that a man would prefer someone who was small as they could look youthful for a while longer. Yet Anna didn't believe that one bit, men wanted a small wife by their side to mock or to have someone who is weaker than them. The man who stood before her was almost handsome enough to make Anna swoon yet she didn't react at all. His eyes were as dull as mud, as was his hair that had been styled into a ponytail due to his hair was shoulders length. 

"This is Prince Charles, the next heir of Germany." Darcy said with a fake soft voice. Anna gave the prince a quick glance before looking at her feet, as they seemed more interesting than the man that stood before her. It was the way he stared at her that made her feel sick, it was as if he was staring the most delicious cuisine with the finest wine. It made Anna feel weird, last time she checked she wasn't something you eat. 

"It is truly an honour to be in your presence, Lady Annabelle." The Prince said kindly, offering his hand to the lady. "If I may, would you care to join me in the next upcoming dance? If that is alright with your mother?"

Darcy gave a small nod before pinching Annabelle's side, forcing her to take the Prince's hand and be led to the dance floor. Annabelle was only beginning to notice how cold and pale the Prince really was. It was like standing in the middle of a field on the coldest day of winter. She could feel her hand getting colder as their heat transferred from one another yet the Prince didn't seem like he was getting any warmer, albeit he wasn't shivering nor did he have any goosebumps.

Music began to play, with a variety of instruments such as violins and pianos playing a melody that helped set the mood of relaxation in the room. The Prince bowed before placing his hand on Anna's waist and gripping tightly onto her hand, as if fearing that she was to run away from her. Although, if Anna had the chance to run, she probably would. 

Charles began to swiftly move backwards and forwards as he hummed along to the music. Anna was slightly surprised at how he knew the music that well as it was released over a fifty years ago and was only starting to become more popular at balls. Anna mimicked the Prince's movements, fearing she would step on his foot and then have to face the wrath of her mother for being so reckless and lacking common knowledge. Ah, how much Anna loves her mother's kind demeanour. Note the sarcasm.

After a few minutes of dancing in silence, Charles started conversation, although it was not wanted by Anna.

"Do you smell that?" Charles asked, looking down at Anna. Inwardly he admired her appearance, yet it wouldn't matter because in just a few moments she would most likely be found dead in a ditch somewhere. Anna inhaled deeply before shaking her head. "It smells like, strawberries and blueberries and many more sweet things." 

Anna raised her brow before returning to her emotionless expression. She was starting to feel weird whilst she was in Charles' presence, he seemed strange and that wasn't the type of person she wished to be with. Plus, her mother wouldn't like that even though she would still have Anna marry him as he was a prince and that meant Darcy would be rich as she could inherit almost everything. More people began to dance, surrounding the two and making it almost impossible for Anna to find an escape route. 

The Prince's eyes flashed a sudden shade of crimson before returning to their muddy shade. Anna noticed this yet she didn't have enough evidence to believe the fact that Charles' eyes flashed a peculiar shade. Anna inwardly told herself it was just the lighting and that she shouldn't work herself up on something that was probably nothing, it would be very un-ladylike of her. Turning her head for a quick moment, Anna froze as the Prince burrowed his head into her neck. She could feel his icy breath sending shivers down her spine. Something was wrong here. 

"My suspicions were correct." The Prince muttered. "You are the one who smells so sweet." Charles rose his hand and caressed Anna's cheek. She froze in pure shock. A Prince should know that he shouldn't be performing such actions on a lady in public, especially without a wedding proposal at hand. "You smell so delicious." The Prince whispered before suddenly running his tongue up Anna's neck. Anna reacted suddenly by pushing the Prince and taking a step back, her hand resting on her neck. 

"I, uh, need to get some fresh air." Anna stuttered. How was she to react? Her mother never told her what to do when a man suddenly licks her neck. "If you would excuse me." She said before turning on her heel and vanishing into the crowds. Pushing past people, Anna made it outside and found herself wandering through the gardens. It was dark yet the moonlight was enough to show a few faint outlines on where she was. Anna wouldn't admit it, but she was lost. She had been so lost in thought that she didn't notice how far she had strayed from the Prince's holiday home. Why did she even agree to accompany her mother to such a wretched place?

Letting out a sigh Anna walked towards a tree and placed her hand on it to rest for just a moment or two. She wasn't one who walked very much as she rarely left her house as her mother didn't want her embarrassing herself or her whole family. 

"You can't run from me." A voice said from behind Anna. The Lady turned on heel and took a step back, only to see the Prince with a smug expression plastered on his face. She didn't even hear him. It was as if he was like some kind of predator and she was his prey. "That sweet scent of yours is so alluring, I just have to be near you so I can smell you. Its intoxication." Charles said seductively as he walked towards Anna, who instinctively took a step back. 

Anna froze as the Prince was suddenly behind her, with his pale hand on her soft neck as he forced her to look up. "I can hear your heart beating. The blood running through those veins of yours, it just makes you appear even more delicious. I'll be sure to enjoy this meal."

A sudden breeze came and before Anna could process anything she was on the ground. Turning her head slightly, Anna gasped as Charles' eyes began to glow the same crimson colour they were previously on. He looked so monstrous. He wasn't human, that Anna knew yet she didn't know what he could be. She's read so many books on various creatures from myths and legends yet nothing said anything about a red eyed man. 

"Who's there?! Show yourself!" Charles hissed, tightening his hands into fists. He looked terrifying and it was only then that Anna was actually beginning to fear for her life. She could be dead before the clock had struck midnight, and she doubted anyone would care or know about it. Her body would be discovered on the side of the road and her mother would most likely be proud because she didn't have to worry about being humiliated anymore.

A loud laugh echoed throughout the grove of trees, causing Charles to look even more angrier. His aura was so deadly, like a predator after his prey yet he couldn't quite catch it in time. Anna wanted to run yet there were so many reasons on why she shouldn't. She doubted she would get far with not even knowing Charles' strengths to their extent, and her dress was far too heavy for her to even lightly jog. 

"I always did find you little half breeds amusing, but at times you can be irritating. All do is care about drinking blood." A voice said that was as smooth as velvet yet so masculine that it clearly dominated the Prince. Charles let out a growl as a man dressed in a cloak emerged from the shadows. Anna wasn't able to get a proper look at him yet she was able to make out a few features. His hair was almost messy yet it was just on the boarder of being classed as acceptable, his eyes were a cross between the purest of blue and deepest of red, they were truly mesmerising. He looked beautiful. He is beautiful.

Charles bared his teeth, which were showing that his incisor teeth were not normal, in fact they were fangs. The other man let out a humourless laugh, it was like he was mocking the prince. Anna didn't know what to do, so she simply stayed on the ground and hoped that none of them would notice her. 

"Are those meant to be fangs? How ridiculous. You can barely crack an egg with those things." The man said proudly. "These however," He said baring his own teeth, showing off his set of more impressive fangs. They seemed like an animal's teeth, like a wolf or something more vicious. "These are fangs."

"It seems like you're more bark than bite." Charles hissed. Charles smirked as long claws emerged from his hands, making him seem even more inhumane. But once again, the man in the cloak was able to prove he was better with even longer and sharper claws. Anna felt like she was on the verge of fainting, yet she wanted to see what was going to happen. Although that would classed as being not very lady like. 

The man in the cloak let out a laugh again before Charles darted towards him with great speed. However it seemed that Charles had mistook the man as he was kicked back into a tree, where he was now coughing up blood. 

"You b*****d..." Charles growled before attempting to get up but the man was already in front of him and had punched him in the stomach. Charles cursed under his breath before sighing. "I guess this is it." He whispered before the man before him grabbed hold of his neck and easily broke it. Anna's eyes widened in fear yet she didn't find herself screaming. She had just witnessed somebodies death yet she wasn't screaming?

The cloaked man turned and looked at Anna, taking a few steps towards her. Anna crawled backwards in attempt to escape him, fearing for her own life. "It is alright, you are not to fear me." He said kindly, offering his hand to Anna for her to take. Anna inwardly fought with herself, not sure on whether she should trust the man in her presence. After a few moments, Anna took his hand and was now standing. She could feel her cheeks burning, and she didn't know why but she felt safe. Anna's eyes widened as she had only just noticed that her hair was a mess, and covering her face, so she quickly moved her hair from her eyes and revealed herself to the man before her. 

The man felt his eyes widen and his heart skip a beat. "Why do I feel like this when I am with this mortal?" He thought to himself.

Hello everyone, I really hope you like the first chapter to my newest book! Lets hope that somebody actually likes this, right?


© 2015 Awesomealixe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Anna was currently sat in a large ball room with nothing --it's either "currently sat" or "currently was sitting".
and again here: Darcy and Anna were both stood before --were standing or stood.

"It is alright, you are not to fear me." He said kindly---dialogue tagged sentences in this construction, with who says it following what was said, are punctuated like this: "It is alright, you are not to fear me(COMMA)," (NO CAPITAL LETTER) he said kindly,
And it's the same with interior monologues: "Why do I feel like this when I am with this mortal?" (NO CAPITAL LETTER)he thought to himself.

There's a difference between the plural and the possessive. If we discussing the death of ONE person, it goes like this: '...somebody's death.'

Posted 8 Years Ago


Awesomealixe

8 Years Ago

Sorry for the mistakes! I'm dislexic so at times I fail to correct myself.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Added on September 27, 2015
Last Updated on September 27, 2015


Author

Awesomealixe
Awesomealixe

London, United Kingdom



About
I personally enjoy writing fan fictions and original stories that evolve supernatural romance. more..

Writing