DISTANCES

DISTANCES

A Story by Ayesha wani

DISTANCES.
Distances. What are these? When we are with people we love, everything is just fine. Though sometimes, the relationships become so tangled that you think about taking a break and the word distances has to jump in. But you don't "take a break". You don't let even a mile come in between your relationships. Why? Because love shoves everything else away. Because love is enough. Because love is sacrifice and care and respect. Its less of your happiness and more of theirs. And then there are people to whom distances matter more than love. More than people. Forget about a mile. They let the whole world come in between relationships and shove you away to such extent that from a place that far, you look like a dot to them. The distance keeping us apart is not of a sea or a mountain, its of a small Dua. A dua that you made and a dua that they made. Only difference is that you prayed for an eternity and they prayed for an ending. So does this number, big or small, that emerged in between us change anything? Does this number entrap the essence of love within it so we never feel it again? Does this number become so important that we stop feeling everything all at once? No it doesn't! Distance is just a number and it is powerless infront of love. They chose distances over you. And you chose to abide by their choices. They chose everything else but you and you chose nothing else but them. Life doesn't stop here. It was a small halt. You don't need to get off. The carousel will move again. Maybe this time, they won't move with you. But the fact that they are somewhere in this world, happy and joyous is enough to let you feel content and happy. At the end of the day, no matter how far they go, its said, you will always watch the same moon, only from different parts of the world.

© 2016 Ayesha wani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 30, 2016