CRACKS AND BANDAIDS

CRACKS AND BANDAIDS

A Story by Ayesha wani

A wise person once said "Never run after the one who you love. Run after the one who loves you."
Wise that is indeed.
You know, love is beautiful but its rare. Sometimes people have spent lives together for like 22 years or more but never found love. And sometimes people find love in the most unexpected ways. What we do is that we meet a person. We fall in love and we end up getting hurt. Remember, I talked about people leaving a hole in our hearts. Thats it. Because its we who fell in love, not they. But right then, when we sit somewhere alone crying over our crushed soul and broken heart, there is another person right there with us. Maybe your mom, your best friend or an angel. Someone who has been there with us all along the journey. Someone who burns himself to give us light so darkness never touches us. Someone who has always been a shelter to our heart. Its like, everyday our heart sets out on a journey to conquer love. To conquer unrequited love. And right there, with that unrequited love, it breaks into a thousand pieces. All it wants is to stop beating. But it doesn't. You know why? Because there is someone who puts on a band aid on every crack. Who heals every wound. But we are too engulfed in pain that we fail to see that person. We gave him cracks in his walls. And he gave us band aids to heal ours. This is the kind of love you hold on to. And Trust me, once you do, all the cracks, all the wounds, all the heart breaks will be a faint memory. No longer needed. Because all we would have is much needed love. Love. Maybe not the kind of love we were looking for. But the kind of love that is enough to keep our heart binded, so we feel whole again. And I believe, that's the true kinda love.

© 2016 Ayesha wani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 30, 2016

Author

Ayesha wani
Ayesha wani

New delhi, India



Writing