Prairie St. John's - My Experience

Prairie St. John's - My Experience

A Story by Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe

I honestly wouldn't recommend Prairie St. John's to anyone. I was there back in 2018. I was inpatient twice, and was in the partial program after both inpatient stays. From both experiences, I felt like people there didn't care about my mental health. I felt like they weren't listening to my concerns or what I had to say. The therapist i had at Lakeland mental health in Moorhead listened better than anyone there did. I found out that I have borderline personality disorder, but that was when I was going to Lakeland for therapy. There at Prairie St. John's, they would've been able to help me figure that out if staff there would've just took the time to listen. Prairie St. John's did not help me at all. To this day, I still deal with several mental health issues. Also, I want to include something that happened last year. Last year around April or May, I tried calling in for a needs assessment because I was losing my mind. All they said when I called was "we'll call you tomorrow to do a needs assessment." The next day came, and they never called me to do the needs assessment. I understand the pandemic was going on really bad at that time, but they should've told me if they weren't accepting new patients. They are so lucky I didn't feel like engaging in self injurious behavior that day (you know what I mean) because if I did, that would be on them not me. So Prairie St. John's, you can do better.

© 2021 Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on June 13, 2021
Last Updated on June 13, 2021

Author

Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe
Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe

Duluth, MN



About
Welcome to the OFFICIAL Writer's Cafe account for Arizona Hidalgo-Crowe! A visually impaired aspiring writer whose preferred pronouns are they/them. more..

Writing