Monsters

Monsters

A Poem by Nina Rose
"

A poem about gun rights.

"
It's funny... Because even the school shooters, mass murderers, and criminals on death row will tell you "Guns Don't kill people." But if guns did ill people we wouldn't have murder trials. We would have cages filled with automatics and .22 and everyone would be so confused like "Who the f**k let all the criminals loose." 
Families wouldn't have any closer or keep any composure, because they know the government wants to blame an inanimate object. Instead, they objectify the problem with a project. Hoping our hearts will slip and forget the things they ripped from us. 
Or maybe she didn't die, but her clothes were stripped and ripped on the concrete of Manhattan. She did what he said because she was scared of the gun in his hand but he's just a man how could he do any wrong? It's the guns fault. 
There's a boy I know, he's stuck in a hospital bed right now because the life he led put him there. I'm sorry I messed up. The pistol his best friend had put him there. Because the drugs n his bag didn't get sold down to the last drop and all we heard was "pop" so loud the thunder was blamed. 
And then we meet a grave where a kid maybe 12 or 13 shot himself and we blame him... Not the gun. We blame selfishness, bigger kids, and "that's just life I guess" but you never once said, "The gun must've done it." Because that's just dumb. 
We hold ourselves higher than God and sing our songs that judge other people because we can't face the reality that people can be dogs that think with eyes instead of their minds. We keep our kids close when we go to the supermarket and someone of a different complexion walks pass but we can't get over the past. We want to put a ban on something that doesn't have a brain- yours is shrinking or stays the same. Don't keep putting the blame on something dull. 
It's different when animals kill other animals because that's the kingdom but humans can differ right from wrong and figure out what's humane. We live in rape culture- I just realized how ridiculous it is that 'Rape culture' is even thing- we live in a world called freedom of speech but the president can't keep the speech free when there's a profit to be made and a person not responsible to blame. 
I guess it's a good thing because if we say, "Guns kill people" then the taxpayers won't have to pay the taxes anymore. we can all relax knowing the kid down the street, a brother, a son, and human- was killed by a gun. Not a person. How do you sleep at night laying your head on the pillow and the Willow tree looks like WW2 with bodies crumbling underneath because people deserve to be buried in a beautiful spot, but now it's just the spot where little Becky and Johnny got shot. 
Unfortunately, this is one fight that could be fought if we didn't live in a world where what I say is irrelevant and not okay if it doesn't agree with your opinion. Life is funny like that... 
Just like how its funny because- even the school shooters, mass murderers, and criminals on death row will tell you "Guns Don't kill people." But if guns did ill people we wouldn't have murder trials. We would have cages filled with automatics and .22 and everyone would be so confused like "Who the f**k let all the criminals loose." Someone once said "the real monsters don't live under our beds. They live inside of us."

© 2018 Nina Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hard, true and direct words.
"Who the f**k let all the criminals loose." Someone once said "the real monsters don't live under our beds. They live inside of us."
The above lines. Powerful and true. Thank you Nina for sharing the amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2018
Tags: Gunrights, gun rights, gun laws, monsters, school shootings