Laughter

Laughter

A Poem by Brette Medb

Sometimes laughter is the only cure for the sorrows of the heart,

a place where a hug and a kiss and a that's too bad just doesn't seem to cut through the dismal mass.

a tear streaking down a rosied cheek frozen from the pain of being left out in the cold,

transformed not by the soothing words of the lover so confident and proud.

then along comes the lover, the mother, the best friend

with a tale so wild and pure,

first comes the crack of a smile progressed into full out laughter when nothing is held back.

as quick as the darkness came so does it escape to the forgotten corners of our bottomless soul to be left for another moment when laughter is the only cure.

© 2008 Brette Medb


Author's Note

Brette Medb
it's not supposed to have an actual flow. Just a mixture of poetry and thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It doesn't need flow, it's fantastic! But it flows well anyway.....

This made me crack a smile as I continued reading it, perhaps reflecting on those moments of laughter when all cares were left behind for a momentin time and the soul filled with joy. Such a beautiful thing that is...
as is your poem. Very well penned! Thank you for sharing it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

They say its the best medicine I think its true, but a kiss on the forehead works pretty well too.

A laugh is just a smile that exploded!
:):)

Awesome Brette!
Antonio


Posted 14 Years Ago


This is wonderful - it is in form - just like a smile - it moves across or lifts in the corners but gives a full impact! Cleverly done! You are so right - nothing like laughter to cure what is not quite right.......

I will read more - like your stuff!

Kath

Posted 15 Years Ago


Interesting way of portraying laughter. I find it true actually... Very nice piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It is not an insignicant thought you have about laughter. It truly is one of the first qualities I look for. You HAVE to laugh at me..with me. Your side has to hurt and your stomach feel you've done a hundred sit ups..hee hee. To make someone laugh is one of life's greatest gifts. To me, also the sexiest quality a woman can have...well...borderline. This was a great piece. It reveals your love of life. I wish I knew you. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


It doesn't need flow, it's fantastic! But it flows well anyway.....

This made me crack a smile as I continued reading it, perhaps reflecting on those moments of laughter when all cares were left behind for a momentin time and the soul filled with joy. Such a beautiful thing that is...
as is your poem. Very well penned! Thank you for sharing it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is perfect the way it is... I totally agree that laughter is a powerful tool in getting out of dark times.
Your view of it was magnificent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful "mixture" as you've put it and it does have a flow to it. Laughter is a powerful emotion. I like the way you've gotten these thoughts down on paper, you've captured something vulnerable and real in this piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very insightful - I like it. Thank you

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2008

Author

Brette Medb
Brette Medb

BOSTON



About
So many things have changed and I'm just trying to catch my bearings. All I want is to start writing again and not lose myself to all this change. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Brette Medb



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..