Finishing Who Was Me

Finishing Who Was Me

A Poem by Brette Medb

Someone told me to finish somethings,

To get on with my life

Find myself, find my voice,

But I find that I am attached

To the other half that is me.

My heart is his, my mind with him

In desert places and high rocky faces

So when he comes home

To my arms and my body

I will finish what I have started

Live the life I meant on livin'.

Somethings are just more important

Than finishing the one who used to be 

I've replaced them with the love he gives to me.

© 2010 Brette Medb


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love has this funny way of changing how we see the world, and when it's a real and true love, every word they say, everything they do affects every word we say, everything we do. Priorities and dreams and even talents and causes change with love, as it should be.
Wonderful sentiments with which I can wholly identify. Thank you very much for sharing this poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Woot....a great piece I'm glad you posted this piece, very powerful and wonderfully written. Keep Writing Brette you have a talent.


Posted 14 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this peace of writing. Can't wait to read more from you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's charming and the idea expressed deep. I had to re-read it, the last lines come together beautifully. Thanks for posting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great write!!
Thanks for sharing, a lot of devotion x

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like how you essentially said "He completes me," without having to actually say it. If you're going to finish something, it's going to be your dreams. Well done indeed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Certain moments in life can change us on a dime and our whole direction, some good some bad... it is interesting how we can go from enjoying something to not caring anymore, but certain things to begin to take precedence.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Brette, you just described what its all about so perfectly. I always say, we do what we want to do, well, if you wanted to finish something, you would have done it in the first place wouldn't you have?

Best wishes to you and your other half, may he come home to your waiting arms, safe and ready to finish you're new beginning.

Wonderful poem!
Antonio


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i know the feeling, your time will come when you are together and comfortable and then you can find what you are looking for.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Devotion is a strong sentiment; overuling many of our previously critical determinations. It is mindless of distance; constant in its commitment; and very willing to sacrifice.
You've drawn well your heart-life, and it's a beautiful portrait to see.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

1112 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010

Author

Brette Medb
Brette Medb

BOSTON



About
So many things have changed and I'm just trying to catch my bearings. All I want is to start writing again and not lose myself to all this change. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Brette Medb



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse