Mustering Enough Courage To Be An Endower

Mustering Enough Courage To Be An Endower

A Poem by B-poet

Who is it that

Can't stand seeing

Society depreciating & turning

Into a valley of anarchy

He or she

Acts like a silent partner

Donating money

Expediently towards

The social benefits of philanthropy

Giving hope to humanity

They're plainly in disguise

Like a clever robin hood

With numerous allies

Willingly yielding to

This charitable cause

At the drop of dime

It only takes

An undying love so

Seeing mankind blossom

To his or her fullest potential

Remains an indefinite call towards

Mustering Enough Courage To Be An Endower

As such

© 2013 B-poet


Author's Note

B-poet
Trying a different type of theme here. All reviews welcome. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am one of those who rely partly on charitable giving to keep my own work going. As public sentiment in many places turns increasingly against the funding of science and social programs, the private sector has been forced into increasingly important leadership roles, with the expectations they will maintain shoestring budgets and work twice as hard as everyone else for 1/3- 1/2 the pay of their counterparts in the for-profit sector. I recently watched a great Ted Talk about this- how these people, these givers- are smarter in many ways for not getting their sleeves dirty. They have done the math, and figure out they can work in the for-profit world, earn 3x as much as they could heading an NGO, donate the equivalent of the wage gap, and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle while helping the underpaid and overworked social workers solve the problems created by disengagement and social injustice. It's brilliant, if you think about it. You raise some interesting points and thoughts. I wonder how many people out there understand how big a role the non-profit sector really is being forced to take on?

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh my god, this is such a good theme...we need more robin hoods, because this society is going so downhill..terrific rant on the way things are..

this belongs with the Beats from the 60's--

poets speak out, yes...but does anybody hear us.

we sometimes are like philanthropists of words...but even given for free, people won't accept them.

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


If we could give of ourselves without agenda, this world would be a better place, your words speak volumes here Bpoet....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes, it takes courage. For me , if humanity - not tribes or creeds or countries - could rid itself of the mentality and culture of "charitable giving" and think in terms of basic human rights - not "deserved" or "undeserved" - this ideology of sharing would be unifying instead of divisive and competitive. P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The desire to help - it's in us, and in some more than others.

They're plainly in disguise
Like a clever robin hood
With numerous allies

Love these lines. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


the state of our society is constantly in question in this day and age- those who are helping it, those who are hurting it. anyone doing what little they can should be commended, but they often are completely disregarded. hope is definitely something our society needs and you've displayed the desire for that and for a better world very well in this piece- great job

Posted 10 Years Ago


-smile-

One man/woman's cause is another ones protest. Mother Teresa is a fine example of this. Some will tell you she was a saint and others will say she was evil personified. Perhaps she was a bit of both. A giving woman and yet not high in tolerance.
Another good example is PETA. Some will say this is a wonderful organization when it comes to protection of animals. Other will tell you they take their protests and dealings too far, often resulting in violence.
Charitable works, or any good works for that matter can not be judged by the overall whole. The truth of what you give to someone (time, money, effort, care, love) can only be truly gauged by the recipient(s) and their reaction (and/or benefit) to/from it.

A strong write. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I always look forward to reading your poetry, nicely penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


courage is truly a part of this process and yet, i feel that heart has so much more to do with it....now...i am not going to wax all "wizard of oz" here with the attributes of a brain, a heart and courage...but we all have that capability and that humanity within us...save a few sociopaths...excellent write.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

673 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013

Author

B-poet
B-poet

Indianapolis, IN



About
Freelance Writer/Poet (For those who truly love and treasure my art Check out my latest publication on the link under my profile name**) Thanks for stopping by and pen on. :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Steel Words Steel Words

A Poem by Mark