6: Six

6: Six

A Chapter by B. Cardwell

Six


Ten Minutes Later


 

Christina pulled into the empty parking garage, flashing her lights as she pulled into a spot. A man walked towards the car, prompting Christina to get out and meet him. As he advanced, she saw the briefcase by his side.


“Is the job done?” the man asked.


“Why the f**k didn’t you tell me he did that to her?” Christina started, visibly irritated.


“Whoa, what the f**k are you talking about?” the man responded.


“Why didn’t you tell me that the kid groped her? Is that why you wanted her gone?”


“Wait a goddamn minute, let me get three things straight,” the man began. “One, I don’t know why my boss wanted that girl dead or who was ‘fondling’ who. Two, even if I knew, I wouldn’t tell you. And three, is the job done and can I go the f**k home?”


Christina pulled a phone from her pocket, showing the man a picture of Sophie in the bathtub.


“There.” Christina said.


“What the f**k, why is she naked?”


“Not important,” Christina replied.


“Is she dead or asleep?”


Christina pressed on the phone, starting a video of Sophie during a shower: laying down, mouth agape, eyes open. The water hid her eyes, but Sophie’s lifeless body did not flinch.


“Goddamn, did you choke her to death? Her neck is bruised,” the man said.


“Do you have the money or not?” Christina asked aggressively.


“Hold on,” the man said.


He pulled out a phone and texted a message. Another message returned to his phone immediately. He punched a code into his suitcase and opened it.


“Here. $10,000 as promised.”


Christina pulled a purse from her car. “Dump it in here,” she ordered. The man obliged.


“I’m curious, why did you choose to take only a fifth of the money? You could’ve had the rest of your guys kill her brothers.”


“The Frente doesn’t need any more heat,” she responded. “But we don’t mind sharing with the Gambas, though.”


“Well then,” the man said. “Rey’s pretty smart.”


“Yep,” Christina said flatly, walking toward her car.


“Christina, wait. If I need you again, I’ll reach out to you,” the man said.


“My name’s not Christina. Bye.” The woman said, quickly entering her car. She drove off as the man stood there, dumbfounded.



© 2017 B. Cardwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on April 25, 2017
Last Updated on April 25, 2017


Author

B. Cardwell
B. Cardwell

Woodbridge/Fairfax, VA



About
Writer, poet, fruit snack enthusiast more..

Writing
1: Three 1: Three

A Chapter by B. Cardwell


2: Two 2: Two

A Chapter by B. Cardwell


3: One 3: One

A Chapter by B. Cardwell