An Attack From The Enemy

An Attack From The Enemy

A Chapter by Namikai

It was beginning to get dark in the chambers and Zuel had asked Kotaro to leave. She had been embarrassed about what had happened and he knew it. He didn’t argue but just left. He was getting hungry so he decided to stop by Lamento’s and grab a bite to eat. He knocked on the door and Lamento opened the door. Lamento Axel is twenty and has been at Kazeshi for about four or five years. His white hair stopped just short of the middle of his back. His silver eyes stood out and his right one was covered my an eye patch. He was the only dog demon at Kazeshi. A girl came running up and hugged Lamento around the waist. It was Naomii Kitsune. She was the same age as Zuel but Lamento didn’t mind dating a girl that was three years younger than him. Her silver hair was chin length and her fox ears were the same shade of silver. Her golden eyes stood out against the color of her hair. Her tail was swishing back and forth behind her as she hugged Lamento. She was a fox demon, and a powerful one at that. She owned a sword that was nearly double her weight and almost as tall. She had come to Kazeshi about a year after Zuel.
“Hey Kotaro. What brings you here?” Lamento asked, not fazed by Naomii at all.
“Just stopping by. I was hungry and decided to come bother you for food.” Kotaro joked.
“You never come just to say hi do you?” Lamento said, shaking his head.
“Come on in Kotaro-kun. I was just about to make something to eat.” Naomii said, letting go of Lamento and running to the kitchen.
“Where is Zuel?” Lamento asked, letting Kotaro in.
“She’s at home.” Kotaro said simply.
Lamento could tell that something had happened but wasn’t going to press the matter. He could tell that Kotaro didn’t want to talk about it. Zuel hadn’t fully explained what Kotaro was supposed to do. He decided to wait until she was ready to see him again before asking. Lamento motioned for him to sit down. He walked to the kitchen and returned shortly with a soda. He tossed it to Kotaro and sat on the opposite side of the couch.
“How are you guys doing? Any progress with her?” Lamento asked.
“No. She’s too air headed to see that I like her.” Kotaro said.
“Why don’t you tell her?” Naomii asked, returning and sitting between the boys. “She might just be waiting on you to tell her. Most women are like that.”
“I don’t think it’s a good idea right now. She has a lot going on.” Kotaro said.
“Like what?” Naomii asked.
Kotaro shook his head. “I’m not even sure. She doesn’t tell me anything anymore. She always runs to Akiyo. He’s a good guy and all and I understand that he was here before me, but it kind of pisses me off to see how well they get together. Akiyo knows that I like her but he won’t stop her from coming to see him.”
“I can see why. Zuel is a very beautiful girl and she has been through a lot since coming here. I got here a year after her and she was always to quiet. I was afraid to go near her.” Naomii admitted. “Turns out that she’s a lot of fun.”
Kotaro smiled. “Yeah. But why does everyone have to notice. I hate it.”
“You sound like a jealous school girl Kotaro.” Lamento laughed.
“Sorry.” Kotaro smiled.
Lamento had been a good friend to Kotaro since he came and Naomii was just as sweet. He liked coming to talk to them when he couldn’t talk to Zuel. He was still confused about the whole Dijuno incident but wasn’t going to tell Lamento and Naomii about it. He needed to make sure of some things first. He smelled something boiling and saw Naomii get up and walk back to the kitchen.
“She’s an amazing cook. She’d make a good wife.” Lamento said, watching her leave.
“Wow, already making that move?” Kotaro asked.
“No. Not yet. I’m going to wait until we find a way out of this hell hole. Takamiya won’t go for a marriage. Especially between me and Naomii.” Lamento shook his head.
“A way out huh.” Kotaro said, thinking back to the incident with Dijuno. “By chance, could me and Zuel go with you? I want to get her out of here so bad. She doesn’t belong in a place like this. None of us do.”
“Sure.” Lamento said, leaning back and drinking his soda. “If we can find one. Go talk to her about it after you leave here.”
Kotaro stood up. “I’ll go now. She doesn’t particularly want to see anyone, but I have to ask her about this. It would be wrong to just sit by and let something like this happen without her knowing.”
“You’re not going to eat?” Naomii asked, walking back in the room.
“No. I’ll stop by later or tomorrow and get some. Thanks anyway Naomii. See you later Lamento.” Kotaro said, opening the door then pausing. “And thanks. I owe you one.”
With that, Kotaro left. Lamento looked at Naomii who just shrugged.
“He’s such a little kid when it comes to dealing with her.” She said.
“Yeah. That’s Kotaro for you though. He’s always been like that, even before he got here.” Lamento smiled.
Naomii walked over and kissed his forehead. “You’re such a great friend.”

Kotaro ran to Zuel’s house, knocking on the door. No answer. He knocked again. Still no answer. He put his ear to the door trying to hear any noise from inside. Nothing. He tried knocking again. Still nothing. He sighed and walked off. Just as he was about to open his door he heard Zuel scream from inside her house. He ran over, kicking in the door, hoping that it could be fixed.
“Zuel!” He hollered.
“Kotaro!”
He ran to her room and opened the door. She was trapped under someone on her bed. That someone was Jack Vixen. He was roughly about twenty, the same age as Lamento and had been in Kazeshi since he was thirteen. His long white hair was cut to just above his lower back, and spiked slightly. His eyes were a crimson color and he had blood on his face. Another vampire at Kazeshi. Kotaro looked down and saw a bite mark on Zuel’s neck and several cuts on her almost naked body. He was pissed.
“Well, look who joins the party. Nice to see You Kotaro.” Jack said, smiling.
“B*****d.” Kotaro said, looking at Jack coldly. “Let her up.”
“No can do. You see, I’m under strict orders to make sure she can’t do anything.” Jack said, shaking his head. “I have to do as I’m told or I get in trouble.”
“I don’t give a s**t what happens to you.” Kotaro said, walking closer.
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Someone said, a sword appearing at Kotaro’s throat.
He looked from the corner of his eyes and saw Mark Chino. He had been here since Jack got here. He was the same age as Kotaro. His shoulder length black hair spiked slightly and brought out his silver eyes. His bangs covered his right eye. He was also a vampire. Kotaro didn’t like either of the two men in the room. They were both extremely skilled liars and were great fighters.
“Mark, when did you get here?” Jack asked.
“You were taking too long.” He said simply.
“Sorry. I wanted to have some fun but she wouldn’t comply willingly.” Jack shrugged, still leaning over Zuel.
She saw her chance. Kneeing him in the gut, she moved out from under him, grabbing her bath robe as she went. Kotaro elbowed Mark in the face and slammed him to the ground.
“B***h! That hurt!” Jack said, doubled over.
“No duh. It wasn’t suppose to tickle idiot.” Zuel said, tying the robe closed.
“Are you okay?” Kotaro asked.
“Do I look okay?” Zuel countered.
He smiled. “Your attitude does.”
“Ha ha very funny.” She snorted.
Jack got up and faced her. She went for her katana but was slammed against the wall, Jack picking her up by her throat. She grabbed his hand trying to move it. He tightened his grip every time she kicked or punched him.
“Look here you little b***h, you’re not of any use to anyone. I could kill you right here, right now if I hadn’t of gotten strict orders not to.” Jack said, his eyes dark. “I don’t like you. In fact, I despise you. I don’t see what the hell he wants with you but I was given orders to make you stay where you are and not do anything. That’s exactly what you’re going to do.”
“Let… me… go!” Zuel said, hardly able to breathe.
“I don’t think so.” He said, slamming her to the ground.
She screamed. Kotaro went to get up and help only to be thrown against the opposite wall.
“I don’t think so. You’re mine.” Mark said, blood trickling down his face.
I didn’t think I hit him that hard. Kotaro thought.
Zuel managed to kick Jack off of her and get to her katana. Drawing it, she pointed it at Jack. He smiled. He knew she could probably kill him with one hit, but wouldn’t give her the chance. He went to hit her again, just barely missing. She swung at him with her sword and caught his shoulder. He growled in pain. He was suddenly in front of her. He punched her hard in the stomach which sent her flying through the wall. She landed on the ground outside of her chamber. Pain coursed her body and stars danced around her vision.
“Zuel!” Kotaro hollered from inside.
“I’m fine.” She managed to holler back.
She got up slowly, Jack jumping down and landing in front of her. Before she could get ready for another attack, he was coming at her. She didn’t have time to block so she closed her eyes and waited for the blow. When it didn’t come, she opened her eyes. Standing in front of her, wings outstretched, smoke emanating from his right hand ,was Laine Deviant. He was a year older than her and was a hell demon. His skin was abnormally white and his chin length, slightly spiked hair was the same color. His eyes were all black, the iris red cat-like slits. He had been at Kazeshi for nearly the same time as Zuel. He had never come out of his room but she knew who he was.
“Don’t go picking on girls. It’s not right.” He said, standing up straight.
“Who the hell are you?!” Jack asked, standing back up, his hand covering his left eye.
Zuel saw blood streaming down his hand and face. Oh my gosh! Did he do that?!
“I am Laine Deviant.” Laine said simply.
“You’re that demon that everyone says can kill with one touch.” Jack said, obviously in pain.
Laine just stared at him. Zuel was afraid to move. She had no idea what was going on. She needed some information from Jack, but was too afraid to ask. Laine looked back at her. She stiffened. The look in his eyes was a lonely one.
“Are you okay?” He asked.
She could only nod. For such an abnormal looking person, he was pretty cute. He walked over to her and touched her hurt shoulder. Pain coursed through her and she fought the urge to scream. A soft golden light surrounded her shoulder and a couple seconds later, she wasn’t in anymore pain. She rolled her shoulder and looked at Laine.
“How did you-“ She couldn’t finish.
“I have healing abilities.” He shrugged.
She saw Jack running at Laine. She hugged him and spun around, a deep cut across her back. She screamed and fell to her knees. Laine’s eyes were wide. Why would she protect him when she just met him and didn’t even know if she could trust him. Kotaro jumped out the window, followed by Mark. He ran over to Zuel, dodging another attack from Mark. He helped her up and let her use him as a leaning post. They could see people looking out of windows and some even had their doors cracked. Lamento rushed Naomii back in the house and ran down to help.
“This isn’t going so well. We’ll have to fall back.” Mark said.
“Damnit.” Jack spat. “I really wanted to get that freak for cutting my eye.”
With that, Jack and Mark disappeared. Zuel was having trouble breathing and Kotaro had his own wounds to worry about. Lamento picked up Zuel and turned to look at Laine.
“Can you carry her? I have to help Kotaro.” He asked.
Laine nodded. He folded his wings back and took Zuel. She was lighter than he expected. He followed Lamento into his house. Naomii came running from the kitchen with a bowl of warm water and a first aid kit. She was skilled in medicine as well as combat, which made her a great ally for Zuel. Laine set Zuel down on the couch carefully, keeping her back from touching anything as well as her chest and stomach. Kotaro sat beside Zuel, barely able to move himself.
“What happened to them?” Naomii asked.
“Jack and Mark… attacked us.” Zuel said, her breathing coming in short gasps now.
“Jack and Mark?” Naomii asked. “What were they doing here?”
Jack and Mark were part of a newer experiment so they had been confined to a different part of the building along with three others. Luke Rose, Geih Lee, and Tyler Muthenburg. They weren’t allowed in the chambers no matter the occasion. That meant that not even Takamiya knew about what was going on.
“It’s not the first time they’ve came for her.” Laine said.
Everyone looked at him. Everyone except Zuel. They heard the door open and saw Akiyo walk in.
“What Laine says is true. This isn’t the first time that Jack and Mark or any of the others have come for her. Actually, this is like the fifth time.” He said, moving to get in front of Zuel.
“What do you mean?” Lamento asked.
“Well, a couple years ago, they came to try and kill her.” Akiyo said. “A couple years before that, Luke himself came and-“
“Shut up!” Zuel hollered.
Everyone looked at her.
“Zuel.” Kotaro said.
“You promised… not to… talk about that.” Zuel said, looking at Akiyo. “You… swore on your… brothers grave.”
Akiyo looked down. “So I did.”
“Zuel… what’s going on?” Kotaro asked. “Why does everyone want to hurt you?”
“It’s none… of your business.” She said simply, looking away from everyone.
Laine felt a small pain above his left eye and put his hand there. Zuel saw the movement and looked at him. She knew that there was something he was hiding.
“It is my business.” Kotaro said. “I don’t want you to get hurt. I told you the first time that you forced me to drink your blood so I wouldn’t die that I was going to protect you no matter what.”
“This is something… I have… dealt with… on my own for… as long as I can… remember.” Zuel said.
“Sometimes, it’s best to have friends to help you.” Laine said, lying his hand back in his lap.
“You know, you’re an odd one.” Lamento said, talking to Laine.
“I know.” He said simply, smiling.
Zuel found it hard to look away from him. She wanted to see what his hair was covering. She had a feeling that he was one of the Energies that she needed but wasn’t quite sure.
“We need to get you cleaned up. If we don’t, loss of blood will kill you.” Akiyo said, pulling out his medical kit. “Naomii, if you and Lamento would, can you take Kotaro into the other room and help him. I need to speak with Laine and Zuel.”
“Yes.” Naomii said, standing.
“I’m not leaving Zuel.” Kotaro said, staring at Akiyo coldly.
“I’m not asking. I’m telling you. She will be fine.” Akiyo said, pushing up one of her sleeves to look at her arm.
There were several marks that would become bruises. Kotaro looked at Akiyo then to Laine until his eyes finally rested on Zuel.
“Just go. I’ll… be fine.” Zuel said, grunting in pain.
Kotaro was reluctant, but did as he was told. Zuel didn’t want him to see her like this, Akiyo knew it from the way she had been avoiding his eyes. That was why he asked everyone to leave except for himself and Laine.
Akiyo sighed and opened his bag. “You really don’t know how to stay out of trouble do you?”
Zuel laughed, pain coursing through her again. “Life here… wouldn’t be any fun… otherwise.”
“One of these days it’s going to backfire and you’re going to get killed.” Akiyo said shaking his head.
“I have you… until that happens.” Zuel smiled.
Akiyo and Laine laughed. She was optimistic even now, when she was so near death. She was bleeding badly and Akiyo was trying his best to keep her attention off of the pain. So far, it seemed to be working. The reason he had asked for Laine to stay is because he needed someone to distract her while he was stitching her up.
“Let’s hope that never happens.” Akiyo smiled. “Laine, I need you to help me get her on her stomach. It might hurt because of the cuts she has, but she will be fine. I need to stitch up the cut on her back.”
Laine nodded. “May I Zuel?”
“Why are you… asking?” Zuel said. “Just do as… he says. If it’ll… help me, I don’t care… what he does.”
Laine nodded and helped her on her stomach. She gritted her teeth when some of her other cuts touched the couch. She looked at Laine and smiled.
“Keep her distracted while I do this. It’ll help ease some of the pain.” Akiyo said.
Laine nodded. “Okay.”
“Uhm… Zuel.” Akiyo said, sighing.
“Yeah?”
“I need to cut open your shirt.”
“Like… I said, if it’ll help me, do… whatever you need… to. I trust you.” She said.
Akiyo nodded and pulled out a scalpel and cut the back of her shirt, being careful not to get her bra. The cut was deeper than he thought and he wondered how she could even still be alive. Laine blushed and looked away out of respect. He felt a little uncomfortable to be sitting so close to a woman who is almost topless. Zuel seen it and smiled. Akiyo threaded the needle and pressed it into her skin. She grabbed Laine’s hand and gritted her teeth against the pain.
“It’s okay Zuel.” Laine said, blushing deeper.
Laine started talking to her, saying random things. Each time Akiyo’s needle penetrated her skin, she squeezed Laine’s hand tighter. He was thankful that his bones were basically metal or he would have a smashed hand by the time Akiyo was done. It still hurt as if he had real bones, but he knew that she wouldn’t be able to break them. Once Akiyo finished stitching her back, he cleaned all the blood up and had Laine sit her up. Laine held her shirt in place to keep her chest covered.
“You’re such… a little… kid.” She said, gasping for air.
“Sorry.” He smiled.
“I have to wrap bandages around her chest so if you don’t want to see then you might want to leave the room.” Akiyo said, pulling out a few rolls of bandages.
Laine and Zuel both blushed at his bluntness. Laine looked at Zuel who looked at him and nodded. She grabbed her shirt to keep it from falling.
“Uhm… Akiyo?”
“Hm?”
“Can… Naomii wrap… the bandages?” Zuel asked.
Akiyo looked at her for a moment, confused, before realizing why she had asked. “Of course.”
He got up and went into the other room. A moment later Naomii came out. She smiled and sat in front of Zuel.
“Sorry… to bother you… like this.” Zuel said.
“It’s okay. I don’t mind. Akiyo said that you wanted me to wrap the bandages around your chest.” Naomii said.
Zuel nodded. “I know… my bra will… get in the way. I… don’t want… the guys to see.”
Naomii giggled. “Of course not. I would want a woman to wrap my chest too.”
Zuel smiled. She liked having Naomii as a friend. She was always calm about everything and always optimistic. It kind of reminded Zuel of herself sometimes. Naomii was the kind of person Zuel wished she could be. Naomii picked up a roll of bandages.
“How is Kotaro?” Zuel asked.
“Good. He’s a bit pissed because he can’t be in here with you.” Naomii said, smiling. “I need you to remove your shirt.”
Zuel did as she was asked, now sitting in nothing but her jeans and bra. Naomii wrapped the bandages around loosely a couple times before asking Zuel to take her bra off. Zuel did and Naomii tightened the bandages. Zuel gasped in pain but nothing more. She guessed Akiyo had put some medicine in the wound itself. Naomii kept wrapping the bandages until she ran out of two rolls.
“Thanks. Can you ask Akiyo and Laine to come back?” Zuel asked.
“Yes.” Naomii said, standing.
“And is Kotaro done getting treatment?” Zuel asked.
“No. He won’t hold still until he gets to see you.” Naomii sighed. “Idiot.”
Zuel smiled. “Tell him I said to get help then he can come see me. That’s a direct order from me.”
Naomii laughed before walking back into the room she had come out of. Akiyo and Laine soon returned. Zuel as still sitting in her jeans and no bandages. It wasn’t as awkward while she had bandages on. She smiled to reassure them that she was feeling a little better.
“Well, now that the main wound is covered, we need to take care of the others.” Akiyo said, standing in front of Zuel.
Laine sat beside her again. “Are you feeling okay? Akiyo said he put some medicine in the cut on your back.”
“I’m feeling a little better. I can breathe so I should be fine.” Zuel said, taking a deep breath.
Akiyo pulled out some smaller bandages and began putting them on the smaller cuts that Jack had made. She had four on her stomach, two on her left arm, one on her right arm and cheek, and one on her neck. Jack had made sure to make her lost a considerable amount of blood. After Akiyo was finished bandaging her, he pulled out some pain medicine.
“If you start hurting too much, take two of those. Water is recommended for taking them. Soda or alcohol could counter the effects.” Akiyo directed.
Zuel nodded. “Thank you Akiyo.”
He smiled. “I guess I’ll speak with you later. I have missed every chance until now, but I can see you have some other business to attend to.”
Akiyo waved to Laine and left, leaving the two sitting in the living room. Zuel found her chance to ask about his eye.
“Hey Laine?”
“Yeah?”
“Don’t freak out when I do this.” She said simply.
Before he could ask what she meant, she pushed him against the back of the couch. He blushed. She moved the hair that covered his left eye and saw the kanji for Light. She smiled and moved.
“What are you doing?” He asked.
“I knew it! I knew you had to be one!” She exclaimed happily.
“One what?” He asked.
“You’re the Light Energies guardian. That’s two of six.” She said, smiling.
“What are you talking about?” He asked, confused. “That medicine has to be getting to you.”


© 2013 Namikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on December 8, 2013
Last Updated on December 8, 2013


Author

Namikai
Namikai

Columbia, MO



About
I'm a writer who wishes to become an Author... I love to draw and listen to music and I read alot... I don't watch much TV and I love video games ^_^ more..

Writing
Finding Fire Finding Fire

A Chapter by Namikai


A New Member A New Member

A Chapter by Namikai