How to have SWEET dreams

How to have SWEET dreams

A Story by Kristina the Lucid Dreamer
"

My advice on how to have good dreams and how to avoid bad ones

"
I have found that before you fall asleep, try to imagine what kind of dream you want to have. Do you want a flying dream? A dream where you fight monsters? This sounds weird but tonight im trying to dream about going to a concert!
First you do the lay in bed with your eyes shut. Then you daydream about the dream you want. For example: as im daydreaming about the concert, I've gotta think about who i want on stage. Im thinking Marolyn Manson with Hatsune Miku together.
Next you have to create a list of how to kill bad guys. This is extremely important for people who have frequent nightmares. I usually carry a secret weapon in my pocket and as im drifting off to sleep, i pretend it's always with me just in case. Thats because a little paranoia in dreams can cause bad things to happen. Houses exploding, zombies right behind you start trying to bite you, tornadoes come out of nowhere.
I try to think about nice, soothing music. I prefer Upon A Burning Body for the action dreams where you slay zombies with an oversized chainsaw and you're flying everywhere.

Another trick is to watch or play something that has to do with the dream you want. I really wanted a Doctor Who dream so i watched the episodes that i missed before i went to bed. Then i daydreamed about the characters and i tried to make a plot.

It's also important to remind yourself what you aim to do in your dream. Some nights you have to scream: I WANT TO GO ON AN AMAZING ADVENTURE!!!
Sometimes you still have a blank dream, or everything is weird in dreamland.

Lastly i found that it's easier to remember dreams if you keep your eyes closed right when you wake up, and recall the entire dream over and over as you slowly wake up. If you just get up and try to write it down, you risk losing half your dream. I try not to wake up quickly until i remember the entire dream from begining to end.

© 2015 Kristina the Lucid Dreamer


Author's Note

Kristina the Lucid Dreamer
Did this help anyone get good dreams? Please ignore grammar problems im half asleep

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on July 27, 2015
Last Updated on July 27, 2015
Tags: sweetdreams, peace

Author

Kristina the Lucid Dreamer
Kristina the Lucid Dreamer

Delaware, OH



About
I love to practice lucid dreaming and write about them in my stories. I also have a deviantart account. I love Pokemon and i enjoy collecting gemstones and watching stand up comedy and anime. more..

Writing