In Silence

In Silence

A Poem by Babbette Francis

 

 

If I follow my heart and it shatters,
shards of emotion strewn about carelessly
as if its owner fell short of protecting its worth,
would you look upon it as such?
 
If I stumble in my time of despair,
blinded by my season of darkened skies,
would you carry me
and set light to the path I was meant to take?
 
If I called you hero, for all the compassion you have given me,
would you know its value
or has this title become so cliché
that you wouldn’t feel the depth of its meaning?
 
If I searched for the one word
that would make you understand just how much you mean to me,
would you wait patiently, by my side
until the word could be spoken?  
 
If I failed to speak any words at all,
would you hear ~ in  silence
the language of a once shattered heart
saying I love you?  

© 2009 Babbette Francis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful, and the path shall always be lit for a soul such as yours. I know for a lot of people, this "season of darkened skies" can be pain provoking, and intoxicationg to the point they can't avoid the hurt anymore, but you will always have a friend by your side...

Lovely write, thank you for sharing =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Wow! Such an honest outpouring of emotion. This is Remarkably Outstanding! I was drawn into deeper and deeper as I read each line. I'm rather speechless. Outstanding!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a fantastic piece. You've conveyed so much emotion and managed to make the reader feel exactly what you do. The fourth stanza is my favorite; probably because it has a lot of significance for me and my life. Thanks for sharing this, I really like it :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh how I could feel the emotion in this and relate I would say 90%... such sad undertones as you search for someone who may understand you .. this could be directed at a friend or love in life... finding that person who truly understands you it seems is like an almost impossible task partially because so many do not take the time to even glance let alone get that deep. It's been to me a long time since anyone has known me that well ... you really have to spend alot of time with someone to get that close. You also sound like you don't assign words of high stature like Hero to just anybody.. would they know the importance if you did say that.. I ponder that one too.. do people really take words seriously and in depth? Sometimes yes if they are sensitive or really care about you I think. Your writing sure got me thinking in many ways.. thank you for sharing and I hope this person understands how much you care and want to have that higher meaning with indepth feeling... =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


If I failed to speak any words at all,
would you hear ~ in silence
the language of a once shattered heart
saying I love you?

Wow! I so loved this write here and these amazing words.
You are a giftes poetess. I really like your style.

Posted 14 Years Ago


the language of a shattered heart
Stunning depth-to hear the sound of
a heart breaking...Beautifully transpiring images

your soul is in every word the weay a painter
brushes on canvas portrait images capturing time

rhythm flow and pure desirous ambition
Excellent artwork,
thanks


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well written,

Good choice of words, form, and rhythm, the message is well imparted as well.

Good piece

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

talk about an outpour of emotion, that is absolutely beautiful beyond any words I can say... I am in awe of this piece and therefore rendered speechless.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow I absolutely LOVE IT!!
...nuff said you're sitting right next to me!.
love ya cuz
-D

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful, I love the flow and the feeling of this; it is very soulful and meaningful and what is even better is that they ring true, not the falsness of some writers that can turn a pretty phrase without any meaning, connection or understanding behind them but with the truth of one who has lived and breathed this very moment and let it touch their soul. Absolutely beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful, and the path shall always be lit for a soul such as yours. I know for a lot of people, this "season of darkened skies" can be pain provoking, and intoxicationg to the point they can't avoid the hurt anymore, but you will always have a friend by your side...

Lovely write, thank you for sharing =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
10 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 28, 2008
Last Updated on August 23, 2009

Author

Babbette Francis
Babbette Francis

Merryville, LA



About
Its been years since I've written anything on this site but I entered a story in a contest and would like to see what becomes of it. I guess we'll see how that turns out. You can say I'm new again an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You Never Knew You Never Knew

A Poem by Bud


Lost and Found Lost and Found

A Poem by Leira