Crescendo

Crescendo

A Story by Dezaraye
"

Let the music move through you.

"

A pulse echoes through the room and at once I realize that my heart is pounding. One beat after another, the sound reverberates around the walls. I close my eyes and open my arms, slowly beginning to spin. I feel the blood rushing through my veins, feel my heart thudding against my ribs, and feel my chest expand as my lungs draw in air. Frantically, I pull in one breath after another. The pounding in my chest intensifies and I feel out of control.

 

I stop.

 

The world still spins around me, but I am still. For a moment, I forget to breathe and my head screams begging for oxygen. Slowly, my lips part and I draw breath into my searing lungs. As my breath fills me the air around me stills and I wait.

 

A sound is born shimmering through the air. A new feeling surrounds me with its birth and my heart slows its insane pounding, softening for the arrival of what is to come. Slowly, another note reaches out and joins its partner. Rising, rising, and joining, they grow into many. As the notes wrap their loving arms around me, I begin to sway. The music caresses me softly and lovingly and my heart stills further, slowing to the beat surrounding me. I begin to twirl slowly, but surely, my feet lead me urged forward and around by the music. I am in its grasp.

 

Slow and sure, soft and sweet, together and never apart, we sway. Notes begin to fill me as air fills my lungs. I begin to fly. Tendrils of hair escape the confines of my hair band and tickle my back with their silkiness. I reach up and free the rest of it, shivering a little as it cascades down my back in a river. My eyes are closed and my body is in tune. I give myself over to the sounds.

 

I dance.

 

A bubbling begins deep inside of me and the notes become stronger. Still, though, their touch is soft and I lean into the comfort. My arms are weightless, lifted by the music in the air. Loving notes run fingers through my wild hair and fill me with peace. The bubbling grows and the notes echo in my chest as it builds into an explosion of wonderous sound. I am overwhelmed and tears slowly trickle down my cheeks adding a new element to the music crashing around me.

 

Little by little, the waves recede, pulling the remaining panic with them. The comfort surrounding me grows warm and pulls me more deeply into the moment. Soft notes continue caressing me, running fingers through my hair, and littering my face with kisses. In contentment I sigh, and lean into them, settling myself into the warmth. My eyes close and I am held in the arms of the notes as they rock me gently to sleep.

© 2014 Dezaraye


Author's Note

Dezaraye
I try to express how music touches me, but I sadly came up lacking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I dont know what you wanted it to be, but I believe it turned out wonderfully. I get such a great image of you being overcome by the music as you allow it to take over your body flows as does the music. I can see you slowly twirling around as your mind and heart are taken over by what is transpiring and you just let yourself be free to do so. Great descriptiveness, Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like it! It has many great imagery elements and flows beautifully. I don't know what you want from it, but I think it serves its purpose well!

Posted 10 Years Ago


By no means did you come up lacking on this one... I found you showed the power of music and it's effects on human emotion... my whole life music has played a big part from the first time I heard Johnny Cash through my years in a band and it still goes... the thing bout music for me is it is a constant friend, there to help you celebrate, to help you get out tough emotions in bad times to helping you recall a certain moment of the past... back to your piece, I adored it as you took us through those emotions music can instill with such passion... another great write from you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh I don't know about that, you seemed to nail the feeling of being transcended my music.
Musta bin' some mighty good music!
Beethoven said something to the effect of that, "...the listener has no choice, but to be transported directly into the mind of the composer."
-I believe I'm going to write one about these things too, now that I think of it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've always believed music was the key to a persons soul. It is the international language in which all on this Earth can speak and understand. It defines us and drives us like nothing else in this world. Very well written, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well to me it seems you did found the words to express how music makes you feel. Felt your feeling since the word one and till the very end.
I guess I 'll pray for your safety more than anything else to say to you, as i know that it's people like you who are so deeply motivated and sensitive, that get the most bruise, even if it's not directly your fault. You have got the heart of a dew drop.
A nice writeup :)....cheers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The feeling that I get from your description is utter freedom. My daughter and I dance around the kitchen when I'm cooking and it is the most fun I have somedays. Nicely described.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought i reviewed this..maybe i did..
I really think you got the feelings down here well.
Music is a bit hard to describe. I do think you did tho, by jove! lol ..
Good write, Dezaraye.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think the task you set for yourself here was quite a difficult one, but I also think you did a great job. Describing how something makes us feel at the very core of our being is probably some of the more difficult writing there is. I mean, where to begin and what to say? We feel, but what exactly? You made me feel every word of this and I feel your joy along with mine. Perhaps you need to quit being so hard on yourself and just embrace your abilities. So often I read your work and you have comments like the one above and they just aren't true. You're good. Honestly you are.

This was great. Now tell us what you feel about art or a mountain or anything else. You have the ability to project your emotions through your writing, so no matter what you describe you will make it real and passionate and beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey this is good. Not many people can really feel the power of music and I know it is hard to describe how it effects you so, but I think you did a great job. Music has an affect on me like I can't explain, it can make me or break me in the moment. Some people don't understand that. I need music for everything, studying, writing.. It inspries me. Awesome!
Kates


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I thought this described the emotion music provokes so well, so descriptive!
You can imagine in this you are talking of love, that sensation, very much enjoyed how you penned this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

948 Views
42 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on October 29, 2014

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..