Spring Snow

Spring Snow

A Poem by Dezaraye
"

It's almost May and it's snowing out today ... and it makes me feel like this.

"

Hand pressed against the glass

Prints left behind

And smudged

 

Snow wafts carelessly

Falling upon the frozen ground

It's so cold

 

Wind drifts through the cracks

Lifting my hair against my face

It tickles

 

I shiver in the cold

And feel my heart beat labor

I hurt so much inside

 

Clouds cover the sky

And they cover the light in my eyes

I'm being crowded out

 

My ears no longer hear

My heart no longer feels

My entire self becomes numb

© 2008 Dezaraye


Author's Note

Dezaraye
Hopefully tomorrow the sun will shine ... it's funny how the weather can affect me so deeply ... but maybe it was storming inside before it started to storm outside.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

no worries sweet one - though Spring snows can be the most depressing, since one is looking forward to sunshine and flowers and such - they never stick around very long. The sun will shine tomorrow - the grass will green and the flowers bloom. It is a proven fact that winter blues are real - our bodies are made for sunshine - they crave it. I hope this review finds that snow melted and some warmth returning to your heart.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You describe quite well not only this kind of weather, but what it is like to weather those feelings inside of ourselves. This is one of my favorites of yours.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is phenomenal... it's great how you express the ways weather can effect our moods... you conveyed it with such heartfelt depth.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 5 people found this review constructive.

This is so sad. I can feel your emotion in the words. Hope you have warmer, sunnier days.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Anit it a drag when it's spring, the blossems are out, you've even have your shorts on once or twice, and it snows?
I know that you were not just speaking of the weather though, nice work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful.

Yes, indeed it is strange how we are affected by the weather outside.

I like the way this poem flows. Gentle and smooth.
Very vivid descriptions. I like the pictures you drew with each line.
Good choice of words.



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

very beautifully written with nice flow and great imagery .... nice job on this!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hopefully tomorrow the sun will shine. But this day you had beautiful words with the storm before the storm. Your words are wonderful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Dezeraye, this piece really touched me...You are not the only one who gets effected like this by the weather, but you have told this so eloquently! Really nice work, hun :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love how you used the weather and related it to how you feel. I particularly liked this:

I shiver in the cold

And feel my heart beat labor

I hurt so much inside



Clouds cover the sky

And they cover the light in my eyes

I'm being crowded out



My ears no longer hear

My heart no longer feels

My entire self becomes numb

Weather affects so many of us without even realizing the reason for the doom and gloom. I love the sunshine. That's probably why they make the sun machines so people can use them throughout the winter for the release of endorphins.

I grew up in the snow so I totally know how it snows sometimes in early spring. Ugh...I hope it melts soon so you can enjoy the sunshine.

You did a great job on this poem!

hugs, carole

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done. I only wish I had snow here. We've had around 90 last couple of days. :(

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

594 Views
28 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 20, 2008
Last Updated on April 20, 2008

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye