But Instead

But Instead

A Poem by BabyBluee
"

about my ex...again

"

When I wake up in the morning, to your face in my dreams

I deny knowing what’s bothering me

When I see your smile on someone else’s face

The memories come back, testing my strength

When I’m sitting at my desk, your voice whispers in my ear

I tell myself

 “It’s impossible, he can’t really be here”

I can’t do anything now without it hurting inside

Without hearing you retell me all the f*****g lies

It replays in my mind;

All those times…

I should have walked away

But instead, I chose to stay

© 2011 BabyBluee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh this is so sad but very pretty too. I love it so much/. DOn't let it get to you tho

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Ah don't blame yourself hun that is what this person is hoping for so he can feed off that. I am sorry about the way youw ere treated but it does get better, The pain will reside. Why do people lie who knows to cover up something they did or said, they don't want to tell the truth. I enjoyed this, least you can talk about your feelings and that is a step in the right direction.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm. I can relate to these seldom used words. I think, in what I have seen, or--rather-- what I went though with my Ex, is just about the same. The only advice I can give you-- the feeling never will leave, the pain won't die, and he will never treat you the same as when you met him.

--But, and this is a big but, one day--You-- will find someone even better then your Ex. He will all ways be there. Hoping you will never leave him.

-- My advices,
Don't date on line.
Don't date anyone who is amoral.
And if you think about your Ex, it's OK to cry. Just don't let anyone hurt you more, while you're crying.

~S. D. Blankenship

Posted 12 Years Ago


no no dont think about that stupid jerk he was no worth it !

Posted 12 Years Ago


Memories are the good and bad things we hold on to. Pain and pleasure make us wish to remember and forget. I like the story in this poem. I like the ending. A lot of people like the safety and will hold on to hope. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


The words you used here definately got your emotions across. That's one of the main things to do in a poem, so good job on that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really really good and amazing!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Flipping loved this piece. Almost like your angry that everthing you do brings him to mind, yet you cant help it, and you hate it how you knew you should have walked away, but couldnt. Excellent write. keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with It Could Be Her. It's short, but you can tell that something isn't right. You don't need to read a descriptive writing to see that there is a certain amount of pain the person is feeling. I like it. Good job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
such a sad write, I can feel the confusion from your heart and mind.
Very well expressed.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2011
Last Updated on September 30, 2011

Author

BabyBluee
BabyBluee

Orlando, FL



About
Hey guys so I’m babybluee…I’m writing to you because I need a place to rant basically and I would love to get all ur opinions on wat I write. I’m going to be writing to you as.. more..

Writing
Last Night Last Night

A Poem by BabyBluee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flutter Flutter

A Poem by Joe Palmer


COFFEE HI COFFEE HI

A Poem by Rene Velez