Short Story

Short Story

A Poem by Overthinker101

My friends told me not to go near the edge of the cliff. They knew it was too dangerous, but I was to curious. When they weren't surrounding me and being the overprotective friends that they are. I took a few steps towards the cliff and saw a sign "WARNING. HEART BREAK UP AHEAD. DO NOT ENTER." But with me being curious as ever, I ignored the sign and kept going forward until I reached the end of the cliff. I got closer, not knowing what was down there or what was waiting for me. When I finally got the courage, I peaked and saw a friendly face at the bottom. You waved at me, and that's when I spoke. I came back to the cliff every day, getting passed my friends and ignoring the sign. I know I spoke more than you did, mostly because it took longer for you to find your words and form a sentence with them. But then I loved how you chose your words and what came out. But one day when I was on my way to go see you, getting passed my friends and ignoring the sign as I normally do. I saw you... Talking and getting to know someone else. I thought that was our thing. Or maybe it wasn't. I walked away, walked pass the sign and went home. I never came to visit you again. But that was then, and this is now. The now where we don't speak anymore, the now where you moved on and found another person you could relate to, the now where I'm all alone. I knew it was dangerous, but I ignored the sign. I helped. I talked. But the thing is if I hadn't gone passed the sign and ignored my friends warning. I wouldn't have met you. So the question is: "Would I do it again? Go through everything I went through again just to talk to you one last time?"

© 2017 Overthinker101


Author's Note

Overthinker101
Tell me what you think in the comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 1, 2017
Last Updated on June 1, 2017

Author

Overthinker101
Overthinker101

FL



About
I'm a mystery. more..

Writing