The Apple does bite

The Apple does bite

A Story by Ralphy
"

Sometimes triangles are invisible

"

 

Jack stood there, by the window in a daze while those around him seem to wonder about his state of mental health. He appears in a state of duress, possibility even suicidal. Distance Jack, has become his nickname. Jack was lost in a world of unknowns, without hope, or a direction to turn. A typical setback in life grabs us all but, for Jack; it is a very different story.
Jack’s appearance would crack a solid inch thick mirror, for ugly is a suitable name given to his mundane look. Jack’s hygiene was suffering and now you can find many new forms of life burrowing beneath his now leather skin.  His eyes were bloodshot, beady, and downright scary. Jack’s face was rugged, with a scratchy beard, and manifesting with morning grime. His hair, naturally blonde in color, took on a pasty look today, which gave a new meaning to dirty blonde.  Many of his friends avoid close proximity to him since his breath stinks of stagnated garlic and beer, which also has stained the outer enamel of his teeth. The results spew out as the vapors, desperate to vent and curl your nose hairs. The clothes he is wearing look dull, discolored and smell musty. His nails, caked with dirt and is stenciled with a faint yellowish tinge, commonly seen when people neglect washing. Yes, Jake looks shameful. Besides all of that, Jack spoke only when spoken too and repeatedly said the same words, Yes, No and Maybe. This was not the Jack we all knew and loved. This was a fabricated Jack.
Last week, Jack was the happiest man alive. He was handsome Jack, twenty-seven, single, and admired by all the women at work. Jack’s title is corporate manager, and it carried a salary of six-figures. Despite all the lustful attention he absorbed during work, Jack was in love. He was Very much in love! Yes, it was only last week when Jack was contemplating popping the question that all men seem to fear…”Will you marry me?” To whom you might ask… it was Amy Santiago, a beautiful woman, with everything going for herself. She had Jack.
Amy and Jack had been dating for about a year, and in this short time, she grew quite fond on Jack. Unbeknownst to her so had Jack. Amy loves the sea, and beach, hell it was their favorite place to go although; Jack loves adventure, and exploring all those hidden treasures around the world. Together they were a pair of rare lovebirds singing in the rain, under a large leaf that fans the breeze of passion.
Until last week, Amy wasn’t sure if Jack was faithful and capable of having a monogamous relationship. Amy needs the proof, and she wanted it NOW. She decided to ask her friend Shelly to try to seduce Jack. Although, she was frighten he would stray, she took the chance. Shelly agreed to seduce Jack and the following night, walks up to Jack and kissed him. Jack had one of those surprised looks on his face “like why did you do that,” when she kissed him again. Jacks cloths were shedding like a shaggy dog’s hair in the middle of the Sahara desert. Then the bright flashes of light and clicking of cameras told the rest of the story. Amy saw the pictures and it was all over. How stupid of Jack to cheat on Amy. On the other hand, was he?
Shelly had a crush on Jack, and knew he would not allow her to seduce him. She had to be clever, and secretive. Shelly found a date-rape drug that came in the form of lip balm. She had to be careful not to get any on her tongue so as not to become woozy. When she kissed Jack the first time, only a little transferred to his saliva but by the second kiss, he was flying high. Shelly stripped him down in seconds, and then exhaled. “Your mine now Jack.”
I suppose if a lesson could have come from this story, it would most likely be this, never bite into an apple that is rotten and wiggling. 

© 2009 Ralphy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your description of Jack after the fact is quite good and intriguing......made me want to keep reading to see what had made him that way. Amy's not a very nice person so Jack didn't really lose very much in my opinion. Interesting story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG!! What an interesting story line. Shame on Amy for not trusting Jack in the first place and for trusting her so called friend with her man.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now tell me - why is the woman always portrayed as the evil one?????????

Many a man has tried to get me to eat apples (metaphorically speaking, of course).

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hahaha or kiss strange women, or in a woman's case...never trust your good friend to seduce your soon to be husband.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2009

Author

Ralphy
Ralphy

Belleville, MI



About
No matter how dark life is, or how clouded, there is always a lighter side to itone that fills you heart with love and your soul with joy Im a complex person of multiracial background, about 5.. more..

Writing
Colorful Goo Colorful Goo

A Poem by Ralphy


The Canvas The Canvas

A Poem by Ralphy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not a Myth Not a Myth

A Poem by Ralphy


Touch Touch

A Poem by Ralphy


Fresh Scent Fresh Scent

A Poem by Ralphy