Patriots, Lets March!

Patriots, Lets March!

A Poem by Bandersnach

Come, Patriots! March with me!

Let's stand against the tyranny

of those who make a  mockery

of our dear soldiers overseas!

What a diservice it is to them

to not support these men and women

who work so hard so that they can

preserve our freedoms for our children!

"I don't like war!" you say?

Well either do our soldiers who stay

to fight the good fight and live the nightmare everyday!

Just a simple protest won't keep the bullies at bay

and if you stand against military, you are as bad as they

who want to terrorize and take our freedom away!

So come, march with me! Stand up today!

 

 

 

© 2009 Bandersnach


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Well either do our soldiers who stay" - did you mean "neither"

Not a bad piece, although I have to wonder about the "fighting for our freedom" bit. Many believe they are, but are they really? Too much politicing and big money (oil money for one) involved for it to truly be for our freedom. Anyway, nicely patriotic though even if I can't seem to muster that same feeling. Still support the troops though even if I disagree with why they are there. Not their fault.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Well either do our soldiers who stay" - did you mean "neither"

Not a bad piece, although I have to wonder about the "fighting for our freedom" bit. Many believe they are, but are they really? Too much politicing and big money (oil money for one) involved for it to truly be for our freedom. Anyway, nicely patriotic though even if I can't seem to muster that same feeling. Still support the troops though even if I disagree with why they are there. Not their fault.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I don't so much get the feeling that this is sarcastic so I suppose I commend you for your patriotism. Before I get into the content I will address you structure. I feel that you could organize the piece a little better. I think that your rhyme was pretty good however. You had some nice apple pie and coffee type images in there. This actually would make a great recruitment call for the armed forces.

Now for the content. There is a difference between supporting the troops, which every person in this nation should, and questioning the agenda of those who ship our troops away. There is propaganda that must be seen through. There is history that must be deciphered. We have often been the "bully" who has played the saint. There are many ways to cover things up, especially with the media what it is. To not support a war for good reasons is as much a part of an American's patriotic duty as supporting one. To condemn a man for not supporting a war causing his alienation is unjust.

I don't see your work as doing what some of the same thread would do. You nailed the support for the troops end, but you mixed in some of those alienation messages. We must realize what is before us, and we must be united. This is one step towards unity for our nation, the next is awareness.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2009
Last Updated on November 7, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Bandersnach
Bandersnach

NY



About
Not much to say about me except that writing is the only thing that I'm half-capable of doing. I realized this when a college professor exclaimed that "you are an excellent rhetoric!" and, of course, .. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Bandersnach



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..