My Scarifice

My Scarifice

A Story by Bardy
"

(Completed Aug 17, 2016)

"
When I look into your eyes, that's when I recall why I do this. Sacrificing my time so you can have some measure of confidence in the end result. Even if it's just a little bit. Ralph Waldo Emerson was quoted in saying "To know even one life breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." You're an inspiration to me not to give in. Which in turn, pushes me to work harder so can I fight for you and those just like you. I would see that you remain able to make decisions for yourself. Not deprived of them.

I can't just sit here idle imagining such a thing being forced upon you. Like shackles, relinquishing you choice over your own body resembling a faceless slave lacking voice. You will have my warm embrace in place of such restraints. I aim to have you feeling my undying support. The strength felt deep within your breast as you bury your head in my chest. Hearing the beat of my heart speak back to you as you do. Filling your own with everlasting love as I shield you from that ever happening. Only to seal the moment with a kiss on your forehead to have as a reminder everything will be alright.

What I feel for you, it's a great deal of reassurance to have you by my side. Standing by me and my words even when you may not have always believed in them yourself. Appreciative and yet concerned over it perhaps controlling me. This means the world to me how you look out for me right back as I forge my own path. Knowing you're here with me during dire and or uncertain times. It consumes me as I surrender my own self over allowing it to reach my core. Here making sure that it doesn't end up impairing me as I forfeit my time. In turn, breathing hope back inside me.

Thank you to that special someone who I consider near and dear to me.

© 2017 Bardy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on August 23, 2017
Last Updated on September 12, 2017

Author

Bardy
Bardy

About
You will find all my posts are either random thoughts I've had, things I've had said to people in conversation, memories of the past or questions that I wonder about. more..

Writing
Extension of Me Extension of Me

A Chapter by Bardy


I Can't Help Myself I Can't Help Myself

A Chapter by Bardy