The Crystal Faith: Chapter 2 pt. 2

The Crystal Faith: Chapter 2 pt. 2

A Chapter by Immortal

Blades stared at the figure. An armor clad giant stood two yards from him, silhouetted against Raikus pair of blazing suns. Jester's voice echoed within the helmet "S**t. Paladin. Mark VII series."

The Mark VII was the newest edition of the Paladin Power Armor series. It was built stronger and bigger than the Crystal Faiths old Onyx suits, but it came at a price. They were slower and less maneuverable by a long shot, and were unable to be retrofitted with booster packs and other upgrades like its predecessors. 

"Blades, the Paladin is trying to hail us on the Comm." Jester alerted.

"Lets hear what blasphemy this b***h has to say" Blades muttered as Jester opened up the channel.

"Hail, Infidel." a crisp, conditioned voice said " I am offering you a chance to jettison your cannons and surrender. I will spare your life. If not, I have no choice but to destroy you like all of the other worthless excuses for soldiers you have sent towards our men."

Blades examined the Paladin. The power suit he wore was from another era entirely. It was based off the medieval knights armor, back in a time when the priests held as much power as kings. There were thick plates of sliver-white armor covering the suit, and only a small view slit on the helmet, that had a big red war plume jutting from the tip of the helmet. Blades suit was compact, rounded and matte, made to be stealthy and as quiet as possible, while the Paladins suit was the opposite. It was extravagant, big, and bright, looking like it should be in a palace rather than a battlefield. Carvings, laser etches, and inlayed gold stripes were apparent all over it. In his hand he held an enormous hammer that was made of the same material as the armor. It was beautiful, bearing the crossed hammers on one side, signature to the paladin guard, while on the other there was a gold cross. On the top of the giant brick of metal was a slowly rotating drill, with bits of dirt still stuck in the teeth. 

"Well, Paladin" Blades replied "I must say that is a very pretty hammer."

The Paladin seemed to hesitate, trying to anticipate blades move.

"But I must say, I'm very tied to my honor and dignity. So if you'll give me a moment to decide."

With that word Blades shut off the Comm and addressed Jester

"Jester, Warm up our cannon and recycle hydraulics. We need to be ready to move in one minute."

"Got it. Recycling hydraulics." 

A whirr was heard as the fluid in the hydraulic lines was pumped, cleaned, warmed, and replaced. A beep resounded in Blades helmet that signified his cannon was ready to fire.

"We're ready Blades. Now what are you going to do?"

"You'll see. Reopen the channel please"

"Have you decided, Sergeant?" The Paladins voice once again filled Blades ears. 

"Yes, I have. The answer is" Blades tensed his legs "No"

With that word Blades closed the channel and the Paladin made his move. The mountain of metal stepped forward, swinging his hammer. Blades jumped, vaulting the hammer and the Paladin himself, landing on the other side and turned around in time to see the Paladin lodge his hammer into the soil where Blades had been standing. Blades raised his cannon and fired. A brilliant ruby coloured explosion burst from the barrel and a bolt of pure energy shot out and towards the Paladin. He turned and swung his hammer with frightening speed, hitting the bolt mid-flight. It exploded then dissipated as the Paladin ran through the residue that was left lingering. Blades leapt forward and hit the ground, sliding between the Paladins legs. As he came out the other side, Blades fired again. The bolt hit the Paladins helmet, causing it to fly off and expose his head. Blades stopped moving and stood. The Paladin turned with rage in his eyes, and Blades caught sight of his enemy. The mans head was square and chiseled, with a crew cut and a face twisted in anger. Blades ran towards the Paladin, his nimble suit moving quickly. The Paladin let out a roar and swung his hammer overhead, a slow lunge that made whatever it contacted with nonexistent. Blades halted to a stop a yard from where the hammer impacted. Dirt and dust flew everywhere. Blades took off again, now running up the Paladins hammer, using the shaft as a ramp. 

 

The Paladin looked up just in time to see a sleek blur run over his head. That was the last thing he saw, as his head exploded in a fountain of blood and brains a second after that, Blades having kicked it as hard as the suit would allow. Blades leapt off the suit and landed on the ground, turning just in time to see the Paladins power suit collapse on the ground. He walked over and examined the suit.

"Nice. I liked the action there, it was sexy" Jester commented.

"Thanks"

Blades wrenched the Paladins hammer out of the ground.

"This might be useful" Blades said, examining the hammer.

"It probably will be. I can charge our back plate, and you can keep it there"

"Sounds good"

A slight hum was heard as one of the plates that was bolted to the back of Blades suit was electrically charged to become magnetic. Blades sheathed the hammer on his back, so that he could pull it like a sword. 

"Thanks Jester"

"No problem. There's another Onyx Suit near us. Just over the ridge, over there"

Blades screen lit up with a way point that directed him over a ridge that led onto a battlefield.

"Alright" Blades said "lets go."



© 2010 Immortal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Hail, Infidel." a crisp, conditioned voice said " I am offering you a chance to jettison your cannons and surrender. I will spare your life. If not, I have no choice but to destroy you like all of the other worthless excuses for soldiers you have sent towards our men."
------You need a period after 'said,' and replace the period after 'infidel,' with a comma, because the sentence/thought continues. And some sort of transition from 'surrender' to 'spare your life' to indicate that the two things are related. Otherwise, good sentence.

"Blades examined the Paladin. The power suit he wore was from another era entirely. It was based off the medieval knights armor, back in a time when the priests held as much power as kings. There were thick plates of sliver-white armor covering the suit, and only a small view slit on the helmet, that had a big red war plume jutting from the tip of the helmet. Blades suit was compact, rounded and matte, made to be stealthy and as quiet as possible, while the Paladins suit was the opposite. It was extravagant, big, and bright, looking like it should be in a palace rather than a battlefield. Carvings, laser etches, and inlayed gold stripes were apparent all over it. In his hand he held an enormous hammer that was made of the same material as the armor. It was beautiful, bearing the crossed hammers on one side, signature to the paladin guard, while on the other there was a gold cross. On the top of the giant brick of metal was a slowly rotating drill, with bits of dirt still stuck in the teeth."
-------1. apostrophe in 'knight's'
2. take out the word 'the' before the word 'priests.'
3. apostrophe after 'blades'
4. inlayed = inlay-ed



Posted 14 Years Ago


"Blades stared at the figure. An armor clad giant stood two yards from him, silhouetted against Raikus pair of blazing suns. Jester's voice echoed within the helmet "S**t. Paladin. Mark VII series."
-------You need a dash in armor-clad. I don't know what Raikus is, but I'm assuming it's supposed to be Raiku's, as in possessive. You need some sort of something after 'helmet.' Like a dash, or even just a comma.

"The Mark VII was the newest edition of the Paladin Power Armor series. It was built stronger and bigger than the Crystal Faiths old Onyx suits, but it came at a price. They were slower and less maneuverable by a long shot, and were unable to be retrofitted with booster packs and other upgrades like its predecessors. "
-------You need an apostrophe for Crystal Faith's, since it is possessive.

"Blades, the Paladin is trying to hail us on the Comm." Jester alerted.

"Lets hear what blasphemy this b***h has to say" Blades muttered as Jester opened up the channel."
--------You need punctuation after 'say.'


Posted 14 Years Ago


" The Crystal Faith: Chapter 2 pt. 2"
FORMATTING, PLEASE.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 16, 2009
Last Updated on September 23, 2010


Author

Immortal
Immortal

Haiku, HI



About
Im a musician/not-really-writer who has pipe dreams of everything. Im optimistic about almost every aspect of life and I appreciate a lot. My guitar is my life but so is my voice, couldn't live withou.. more..

Writing
Lightlock Lightlock

A Book by Immortal