Life and Emotion

Life and Emotion

A Story by BarrageOTM
"

That one person you never let go of.

"

"If you died right now, would you be happy?" She said. That question was simple, yes or no. But why was it so hard to answer? Would I be happy? I couldn't honestly say yes. There is so much to do in life that hasn't been done. Isn't that why we have bucket lists? We want to feel accomplished and above all, happy. Why else would we strive to reach the peaks of mountains, travel the world in search of adventure, do everything we dreamed of? To know that you were happy at the end of the day, that is what is important.

I was born in Texas, isolated from the world. It was quiet, calm, but very sheltered. From a young age I had aspired to become something more than what others expected. Something to talk about, something to be proud of. Achieving such a goal is nothing short of challenging, but the reward is worth it. When you can sit back in life, reminiscing over all that you've done, and smile, that is the moment of shear happiness that will make it all worth it.

In life, it is necessary that you find someone who understands you fully. Someone who you can turn to in times of need, and get real, meaningful answers. Sometimes it is our soul mate, others just friends, regardless, this person will always be with you. Communicating can be so simple, but so complex. Life is like that. It's full of twists and turns and sharp edges. Nothing will prepare you for life better than sitting down and talking to this person. To delve into what this world has to offer, to analyze the smallest details, to connect, is one of the many gratifications of life. Never will the person leave you, they will forever be remembered, through heart, head, and soul.

© 2014 BarrageOTM


Author's Note

BarrageOTM
Read and review, thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014
Tags: life, thoughtful, people, hope, soul

Author

BarrageOTM
BarrageOTM

Rochester, NY



About
Love to ponder and think outside the confinements of who we've become. more..

Writing
The Numb The Numb

A Story by BarrageOTM


The Walls The Walls

A Story by BarrageOTM