Corruption and Secrets

Corruption and Secrets

A Chapter by MiMi
"

I ruined my life by saving his...

"

          The wind whipped furiously then. I lifted myself up just enough to see that he had blonde hair falling into a young face and dark eyes. I looked at him. He was confused. I didn't have to look at him to know that. "There, now you're safe," I said breathlessly. Five seconds later, the train whizzed passed us. His mouth fell open. "H-how did you...? How did you know that was going to hit me?" He stuttered. Then it t me. The realization of what I had just done. I had made a horrible mistake. My eyes darted above his head. No timer. Absolutely no numbers what-so-ever. Tears began pooling in my eyes but I held them back. Grabbing his wrist, I quickly stood up and started half running towards the city. I jerked my head behind me to look at him over my shoulder. "My name's Piper," I said. It didn't explain much if anything at all but it was something. He gave me an even more confused look, "What?" Up ahead was te sky scraper type buildings that were the New York City Block Apartments. Once we were close enough I flexed my left pinky. With a simple click the door unlocked and flung open. I threw him inside an slammed the heavy, cement door shut. Flexing my right pinky this time. A click and the door was locked.

             Grabbing a black duffle bag I threw whatever I saw needed in it. "Every ten years some special person gets what's called the Sight," I began, "They're called the Seer and they can see the numbers above everyone's heads. The numbers is how long they have to live. The one who puts them the is called the Clock Master and he gets lazy and gives some more time than others. He got lazy with yours. I'm this decade's Seer.," I finished, running down my narrow hallway. I heard the footsteps as he followed me as I took a left into my bedroom. I opened my window and threw my duffle bag outside and ran back down my hallway. Just as I was beginning to relax a little, there was a curt knock on my door. Opening it, I saw that there were two tall men standing outside wearing very offical looking black suites and sunglasses, talking on headsets. "Are you Miss Piper Cunning?" With that I slammed the door shut. "We have to go. Now."

            I crawled through the window and into the back alley between the apartmens and the New York City Block Bank. Original. The boy I saved followed my example. I led him through several more back allies. As we ran, the realization sank into me. I had ruined my life by saving his. I faught the tears that threatened to run down my cheeks. The last alley led us to the mouth of the New York Preserved Forest. There was only one problem. One very tall problem. Walking up to the 6'2" boy with black hair falling beautifully into an angelic face and striking blue eyes with a pale complexion, I was determinded to get passed him. "Move," I told him firmly. A sly smirk played on his lips. The boy I saved walked up behind me. "Is this your new play toy, Piper?" he taunted. My eyes narrowed with hate burning inside them. "I told you to move, Jael." I glared hard at the only other person to have ever known about the Seers and the Sight besides the Seers themselves. Jael Goth was the very ecense o everything I had once loved. He smirked at me and I flexed my hands into fists at my side. "Jael, you know I won't hesitate to kill you." That wasn't a lie. Once I had tried to prove what I was so I pushed him in front of a car just so that it barely hit him. He moved aside.

           



© 2010 MiMi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on May 29, 2010


Author

MiMi
MiMi

Wenatchee, WA



About
Name: Miranda Nicknames: Rayne, Bow, RayneBow, B***h, Hey You, Face, Mirandaface, Mirandabearr, MiMi Age: Stay seventeen more..

Writing
Shots Shots

A Chapter by MiMi


Rush Hour Rush Hour

A Chapter by MiMi