Lighting Fires

Lighting Fires

A Story by Octavian
"

A land filled with the blood and destruction, plagued by endless war.

"
Lighting Fires
Bare bone swords fill the bloody grounds of ash and stone. Where trees of Edon lay in flames of red and blue, as the lifeless bodies fertilize the torched ground, their wounds leak of green blood, as the winds glide among the wreckage they gaze upon the many of the great battle. Tears of leaves untangle themselves from the surviving trees, whisking along the winds coarse as it ponders over the broken field. Howling it’s anger with mass gusts of hording winds that brush upon one of the carriages of steel. Its metal twisted and turned as the wind opened a rift to the past, using profound energy the wind had opened a gap. Where it veered eyes of diamond air into the past of what had been done to this barbarous object… Carriage.
The sun was high above the teal blue sky as the silver clouds dawned faded shadows over the land. A silver metal carriage trots along the dirt path, baring weapons, food, and other needy values. Coming from the East it ruffled from side to side as stubby rocks struck its path. Wheels of Talion rust gurgle and squeal to the grinding of stones. Up to a tower of the kingdom the Carriage goes, holding goods that would be traded. As men in diamond blue and gold armor walced among its side, as they traced the land for incoming forces, they saw nothing.
Arrows from above soared like a sparrow over the bushy red treetops. Raining down over the men below, as they turned their gaze to the blackish red arrows, they were blown down to the ground as the arrows severed their talion armor and fed through their flesh. Green blood bellowed from the wounds as few of the guards feel on their backs, dead in their wake. The castle kingdom opened its gates as it saw the oncoming threat of invasion. The carriage took extensive blows to the back yet it never yielded. Ongoing it was to the gates as its protectors fought for its protection.
Trees of Edon fell over the land as black swords poised their bark, hacking through their wooden waist. They cried and creaked with a crashing fall to the ground, with the black poison feasting on their skin. Flames of red and blue arose with the fusion of the two. Forces from the west came poring in over the men. Down they went with a gruesome clash against the enemy, the carriage was shot by numerous arrows of darkness. Still urging forward the carriage pushed on until its silver metals were fed through and rusted wheels were broken down. The poison continued to feast until it too was eaten away by a formidable foe, time.
Its eyes of diamond backed away from the past gap. Closing the torn metals that it had twisted, they slouched back into their formidable pose. As the wind flew over the carriage it passed over the poised arrows, nothing more than just black thorns now. So it passed over from the carriage down over the battle ground where countless dead were scattered about. As valiant swords of Gulb were peppered over the fallen foes, as they were plunged into the chests of the dead. Holding true to their spiteful bite, they illuminated in baby blue colors with four small squares running along the blades side lining. Where there had been smothered blood over its blunt surface. 
The wind had come over to another interesting object as it noticed uniqueness over its composure. Broad and strong it was as its host had still held it within his unbroken hand. Where its resemblance was of a mace mixed with a katana, the weapon itself clang to a name that had written symbols over it. Deciphering the inscriptions the wind had came to call it as Veritonin “The deceitful blade of steel”.
Finding interest in this weapon the wind opened another gap into the past. In curiosity it wondered about its un-fore-told story. So it took out its hands of air and swiped them over the mysterious weapon, its touch was kind and gentle. The sword began to awake from its deep sleep. Illuminating gray and purple as it formed a gap. To which the wind took a peek into, wondering of its deceased reasoning’s…The blade.
From the castle the men came of swords and armor, gazing upon their foes that stood strong. Over those they had murdered in cold despiteful hatred. A leader among the men stood ahead of all, holding the Veritonin blade at hand. He looked through his bulky metal helmet to those who had fallen, seeing the Carriage in destruction. He grinded his teeth with anger and hate, for those were men of good heart and intention. So the man raised his sword high in the sky, bulging a yell so monstrous it startled the enemies. With the blade pounding bolts of lightning into the sky where a cloud of lightning began to form. Ravaging the air above, like a hurricane the bolts of lightning caroused over the black talion foes, their armor shattered and spat in all directions as their skin burned and boiled to the overwhelming strikes of lightning, they called out in pain as they twitched and turned with their bodies combusting. A few dozen of the many hundred dropped dead to the lightning cloud, once the storm had over passed the multiple foes the men charged in hope and courage.
The brave warrior swung his sword left and right as he twirled through the enemy lines. Hacking and slicing the black armored foes, black mist like clouds bustled into the air. Spraying for a few instances and vanishing the next, with each powerful blow the man fought valiantly with his kin. Holding their lines as they stocked up in numbers, heaving over the fallen, they stabbed at the hearts of their enemies and pushed them back. Till the storm of arrows and clouds of darkness came over them, arrows cut through the air with precision and accuracy. Plucking the many brave knights of their lives, yet the one man who held the Veritonin blade did not fall. As enemies began to surge through him, slipping through his lethal strikes as few opposed him.
Breached the castle walls were as the gate was left open and few knights were left inside to fend off the horde of enemies. But their numbers were cut low as the warrior kept deducting their armies. So strong this one warrior was yet he too could be broken. So all of the archers took aim at this one man and let loose a wave of poised arrows. He cut down the last of opposing foes and had seen the hurdling arrows. Noticing he had held no such shield at arms, he flipped his sword so the blade faced the ground and took hold with both arms. Puncturing the ground with it as he yelled at the top of his lungs, a shield of green lighting had circled around him. The arrows materialized as they struck the shield, leaving nothing more but ashes and dust. Coming to a holt he relieved his sword from the ground and lunged it at an oncoming swordsmen. Striking him down at the waist, the man stood looking to the sky for a brief moment. Seeing balls of flames cruising over him against and into the castle.
He turned to ready the aid of his people, for he knew they would not last. He took a step towards the castle gates and a Volgarian gold arrow pierced his back. At the left shoulder blade, he stumbled onto his feat as the arrow took its inserted the painful wound. Rising up from the blow he turned around to face an adversary much bigger than him. Who held a dark bow, launching another arrow. The arrow hit the mans chest, puncturing his heart. His breathing soothed as he became weak, yet he rose up with a final blow. Swinging his left arm at the enemy, as it dodged the strike it side stepped and twirled. Flipping its sword facing him, plunging the weapon into the mans chest, cutting the arrow in two. And so the man fell on his back, holding onto the sword he had battled with, the weapon was removed from his chest and he passed away almost instantly. The monstrous foe walked past him into the castle. 
The wind felt an unsettling chill, cringe over its invisible body. Backing away from the gap, it sealed itself. Thinking of all the past pain that these people had suffered it wondered if anyone had still survived this horrible battle. Coming into the destroyed castle it dwelled over the fallen bodies of the civilians. A few knights were here, but most had been sent out into battle of the threat at hand. Nodding its head it amyls searched for some evidence that someone had survived. Feeling doubt beginning to shroud its mind it began to hear clashing swords baffling one another. Looking everywhere on the main grounds of the castle, it turned skyward, the wind hefted itself towards the tower. Where it found five men battling, one was battling the four.
Observing as it did it took leave from its composer to aid the man. As it had seen his tiresome physical athleticism depleting, down the wind went where a stack of wood had been set. Coming to the aid, it came over the stone floorings. Rematerializing itself into a women of gray armor. Her hair blossomed of a rose flower as it flourished in orange and her arms ban tan skin, mostly covered by metal. She gazed at the four opponents with her sea blue eyes, spreading her left and right arms out. The wind had chimed and formulated an iron shield and shard iron sword. To which she used in battle, at the side of this man who had cuts and bruises, she urged him to stay back as she would take the four on.
They chuckled at the sight of this women until her blue eyes dialed blackish gray, she charged them with the rage of the fallen. Dodging the swings of swords with a rebounding blade to their bodies, down fell three of the four in black misty blood, she looked to the forth with hate. Backing away the foe did in fear of what she would do, she jolted her head with a slight caliber. A prowling gust of wind ravaged the enemies armor and shot him through a castle wall. And down he went without a fight.
She walked over to the man she had helped. He looked at her with sad eyes, seeing her blackish gray eyes begin to fade. He became more relaxed yet after all that had happened. She spoke to him in a soothing voice.
“I am Kelimara, do not fear me. I have come from afar in the sounds of your dying people.”
He began to quiver. “So many of us there were, yet now we are but gone. Our kingdom was of a great strong hold to all. Now it is gone with one fowl attack from the Nabora. We have nothing now.”
She put her hand over his shoulder. “Your people are one of many millions, the Nabora cannot take away everything in this world if we stand together. Your people will not faultier due to one attack, there are those of other kingdoms that yet stand in the darkness. We just have to show them that we are here. Then you will see that there is yet hope in the world and universe.”
“If what you say is true then there might just yet be hope.”
Kelimara took hold of the mans hand and helped him rise up. As they took hold of a small torch, Kalimara used her powers to heave the oil canister from the ceiling over the stack of wood. Poring it over the heap of wood stacks, he tossed the torch over the wood and a great flame arose instantly. They backed away from the flame and looked to the open land. Seeing other fires arise, first by the dozens then by the hundreds. She then pointed to the sky and it lit up in peppered balls of orange light. His eyes expanded in shock.
“Each one of those lights in the sky houses thousands of other lights. There is yet hope for use, even though the sacrifices are heavy. The victory will be glorious, but there is still a massive war yet to be decided. We just have to band together and battle the Nabora together.”  The end

© 2014 Octavian


Author's Note

Octavian
This is an old story I made during 8th grade. I hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like it? I LOVE it. The descriptions are rich and the overall piece has a poetic quality to it. I found some misspelled words and periods in the wrong places but I'm willing to overlook that knowing now that you wrote this in the 8th grade. Most of the mistakes are just misused words ("use instead of "us", etc). I'll be checking your page for more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavian

10 Years Ago

thank you very much;). GOD bless:)))



Reviews

Like it? I LOVE it. The descriptions are rich and the overall piece has a poetic quality to it. I found some misspelled words and periods in the wrong places but I'm willing to overlook that knowing now that you wrote this in the 8th grade. Most of the mistakes are just misused words ("use instead of "us", etc). I'll be checking your page for more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavian

10 Years Ago

thank you very much;). GOD bless:)))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 8, 2014
Tags: OJC, Lighting Fires, Story

Author

Octavian
Octavian

Kentwood, MI



About
Hello, Im a very optomistic guy who loves to be creative on just about anyday. I love being outside and being athletic and listening to people of all kinds and helping others. I love to write, draw an.. more..

Writing
Spartan Ops Spartan Ops

A Story by Octavian