Spartan Ops

Spartan Ops

A Story by Octavian
"

A story about a battle between Tan and Green army soldiers.

"
Spartan Ops
His rifle was loaded as his team was given the green insignia, the mission was clear and set. Take the tan base and hold out till back up had arrived. He understood the orders, he latched on his helmet and patched into the SED COM with his team.
“Green teams, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta. Do you read my light?”
The SED COM buzzed with a ringing hum. “We read you sergeant, arriving at drop points 0023, 1132, and 9901. Awaiting your go, guns are primed and hot.”
The pelican descended over the ocean blue sand, its engines blazed in illuminating yellow bursts of flames. Twisting at a 180 degree angle its nose faced the oceans of Tangium bay, while its hatch doors cranked open. The sergeant propped out of the hatch, barrel rolling over the sand. Being fallowed by his five Spartan teammates, the pelican scuttled off into the misty blue sky. The sergeant checked his perimeters scoping out the area with his BMR rifle. Wavering his team with a double fingered circle, they fell in behind him in their coordinated positions. The sergeant mouthed the mike with a brisk voice.
“Teams Bravo, Charlie, and Delta do you read? This is Sergeant Jr. Condet requesting confirmation over landing procedures. Team Zulu is in position for the coordinated attack procedure. Have you…” A scrambled voice chattered over the mike in sets of three. The frequencies began to bounce as a jammer was implanted into the tan base. The confirmation of the other teams was unconfirmed. Jr. took stock in the thought.
Making a choice of proceeding with the plan or canceling the mission, he took account of his Spartans fighting tactics. Their skilled training abilities, Jr. thought to himself. “We could take out the whole tan armada if that’s what it took, these are just mangy PSR rogue units. They might have advanced weaponry but they fight like dogs… yet again I can’t underestimate the enemy.” The thoughts were ravaging but precise, Jr. seized the opportunity.
Wavering his men to move forward in alerted caution, using stealth they eased forward. Pushing through the wooded jungle, finding no enemy in sight, the Spartans began to become curious of the enemies ware bouts. Clearing the jungle they took cover behind the oak wooded trees. Hearing the sounds of pelican engines soaring over their heads, the Spartans glanced towards the sky. Seeing three pelicans gliding over the invisible ocean of air, the pelicans dispersed in three different directions for the drop points. More chatter broke over the SED COM, Jr. heard a miscalculated landing procedure. He knew the jammer was disrupting their NAV systems. A rocket round screamed into the sky, tailed by puffy gray smoke. The rocket rammed into Delta’s rear pelican engine burner. A ball of flames erupted with shards of metal battering the air. The pelican rocketed towards the ground in flames and smoke.
The SED COM gibbered with scruffy voices. “We’re hit … lose… going down… do you …read… we are loosing…altitude.” The sound of the crackling voice had been identified by Jr. it was his friend Chris.
Looking to his men he broke them into three groups. “Divide and conquer. We’ll break into three groups, Spartans 021 and 554 you find the two pelican squads Bravo and Charlie and garrison force them back to this location for the coordinated attack. Spartans 394 and 113 you take up sniper positions among the trees, give me and Spartan 234 cover. We’ll head through the base with stealth, Spartans.” Jr. took a quick breath. “Be quick and precise, we have less than two hours until the instillation team arrives for reconfiguration of the base. We cannot let the PSR sit any longer at that base. Now go.”
Breaking from the position Jr. and Spartan 234 snuck through the enemy lines. They were undetected, heading towards the crash site where smoke stacks ascended into the misty blue sky. Seeing a group of ten PSR soldiers double stepping towards the crash site, Jr. picked up the pace. Keeping his companion behind him, they eased their way back into the forest where they heard the wild life and seen broken trees. Finding the ten tangos firing upon the wounded Spartans, bullets pierced through the thin air busting barks of trees and metal armor of soldiers.
Jr. gave the go on the assault, he sprinted behind one of the PSR who had an assault rifle. Creeping behind his back, Jr. took out his ten inch knife from his left should pad. Shoving the knife into the soldiers chest, breaking through the armor. He quickly covered the mans mouth with his left hand as he pulled the man back. His Spartan companion came behind another PSR soldier, kicking him in the legs with a extensive blow. The soldier fell on his back pounding against the dirt, the Spartan gave a killing jab to the face. Three other PSR soldiers were clipped with Assault rifle rounds from the downed team. Jr. charged two other soldiers pull driving his fists into their chests, spinning around with a kick he blew the men through two oak trees. Bark sprang into the air, peppering the ground. The same time the other three soldiers were gunned down. The area was cleared.
Jr. aided the minor wounded, checking their stats. Four were alive, two were KIA. Only one of the four was wounded. Chris took a kind nod towards Jr. Speaking out over through his helmet.
“Thanks again for the aid, don’t know how many times you’ve come to my aid.”
Making a light chuckle as Jr. made a replied. “Enough I think, can you move?”
“Hell yeah man, lets get back at those jank PSR. My teams ready… what’s left of it anyways.”
“Let’s move out.” Jr. spoke over the SED COM to the rest of the teams. “We have retrieved Delta team, moving to your location. Spartans, did you retrieve the other teams?”
The SED COM crackled with no reply.
Jr. Moved to proceed to a new objective for now. “Spartans, we have to disable tans jammer. Once that’s down we can regain stable SED COM communications. Let’s move, use stealth and go loud if necessary.”
Sprinting through the forest, the Spartans quickly discovered the jammers location. Taking the location into prospective they made a full assault on it. Moving like ghosts they swooped through the PSR, by time they discovered the Spartans plans it was too late.
Jr. ducked for cover as he unlatched his DMR and opened fire on the enemy. Scoring three kills with pin point shots to the head the collapsed to the ground in blood. There were fifteen PSR in the vicinity. The PSR were closing in on the small bunker where the jammer had been settled on, the roof. The Spartans had perused their foes with rapid reflexes. Some of the Spartans engaged in hand to hand combat, breaking the arms and legs of their foes with an ending assault of dislocation of the spinal cord. While others mowed down the oncoming enemies with their assault rifles, chopping up the chest padded armor. In less than five minutes the jammer was cleared, Jr. had set a mine on its antenna. Clearing the area, the mine was set off and the Jammer was coated in raging flames.
Chris whisked a quick question.
“Shoot boy! Was that easy or what. They didn’t stand a chance.” He chuckled.
Jr. thought to himself about the easy assaults and lack of resilience. Assuming his assumptions were correct about the enemy, he moved on to further aspects, about rallying the rest of the team.
“Spartans do you read, the jammer is down. Did you retrieve squads Charlie and Bravo? We have secured Delta team, do you read?”
The SED COM sparked with an awakening voice. “Yeah we got them, awaiting your command. What took you so long?”
“We got caught up, proceed with the assault. We’ll come form the west and provide aid. You have the green light.”
“Over, see you on the other side sergeant.” The SED COM went silent.
“Let’s move we got a base to take out.”
Jr. flagged the Spartans to fall in, they ran down the terrain moving like the wind. Finding the Spartans in a fully fledged firefight, he gazed at the battle field. Jr. smiled inside his helmet as he stood over the mild hill.
“Lets get in there green team. Those tan PSR are going down.”
Bolting from the hill they bulldozed their way into the battle. Shredding the enemy, Chris leaped into the air kneeing a soldier in the abdomen with bone breaking force. The man knelt forward as his abs broke, Chris finished the assault with a hammering back flip upper cut nailing the man with his right leg. Sending the soldier hurdling into the ground, Jr. leaped over the soldier with his DMR in hand along with his knife. Blasting five red hot rounds through three soldiers, he ducked as a rocket was launched at him. Coming back with a knife to the jaw, lifting the man into the air, as three PSR soldiers prepared their chain guns. Jr. stood in a freeze, not knowing what to do. Three sniper rounds flung past his helmet taking out the chainmen. Jr. quickly looked behind him.
The SED COM broke out in his headset. “Spartan 394 and 113 have your six sergeant.”
Jr. nodded, continuing his assault on the base. The Spartans dominated the PSR pounding them into the ground. Christ chuckled as he had seen three PSR run away.
Looking at them he laughed “Come on now, is this all they can do?!?! They could at least have like a few tanks and some kinda air craft. Golly man.”
The words slithered out of his mouth as the ground shook beneath their feet. The tan base was torn down as five tanks rolled through its walls. The scorpion tanks primed their cannons as did the three hornets, followed up with ten dozen PSR soldiers who held rockets and sniper rifles along with flame throwers.
“GOD why must you make him be so arrogant. I was happy with those few tan PSR soldiers.”
“Hey at least now we have something to give us a challenge.”
The Spartans stood at the ready to assault the PSR, reloading their weapons, as the PSR stood at the ready, aiming down the line targeting the Spartans who glinted at the many vehicles and men that stood before them. The battle had climbed to the highest point in the assault. Spartans vs. the fully fledged armada of the PSR, the battle was about to begin when Jr.’s dad walked into the room. Seeing his son playing with his toy soldiers, who had been in his own little world.
“Boober, what are you doing?”
Jr. looked up to his dad with a smirk. “Dad, I was playing with my toys and you disrupted my battle. It was just getting good.”
“Well its time to go to the mall, get your stuff. And Ill be waiting outside in the car.”
“Okay dad.”

© 2014 Octavian


Author's Note

Octavian

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on February 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 8, 2014
Tags: OJC, Spartan Ops, Halo, Stories

Author

Octavian
Octavian

Kentwood, MI



About
Hello, Im a very optomistic guy who loves to be creative on just about anyday. I love being outside and being athletic and listening to people of all kinds and helping others. I love to write, draw an.. more..

Writing