Unbeatable Strength

Unbeatable Strength

A Poem by Elephant
"

To be strong and be your true self

"

Kicking and screaming, teary eyes now streaming; battles and triumphs, push downs and build ups. Life unknown, cloudy view set outside a beautiful world. Outwards known beauty and glory, in with me a horrible monstrosity, build upon view, bad and gloomy. Careless thought, swirling around muddling every security, dream and want to be; overrun by fear. Mild action, persecution of the mind, you are not good enough nor will you ever be. To build up, to be made whole; discouraged by disbelief and walking alone. Once again unseen, unacknowledged, unbelieved. Failing mind, lacking insight, overflowing doubt holding close, never leaving sight. Stronghold on life maybe it appears, covered happiness never will you see a tear. Left alone, wrinkled, and ashamed, small and to blame; held close pain, nothing to gain. Small, tired, weary eyed life, hidden, demolished as it may seem; smile and laughter the greatest disguise, masking all that we despise. Trying, breathing, pushing onforward; to be triumphant to stand alone, to stand tall, to be something more. To be more, courageous, a lion and a lamb; strong and bold and selfless at heart. To give more than ever before, be a role model, be something far more; to be me, and not fear me. Overcoming, not held back by yesterday; a new day, shine, careless of those who see me down. One day, one week, one month, one year, fighting, battling the mind we know all too well. A testimony of unrecognisable strength, we said we couldn’t last but we made it within the storms and all the crashing down waves, the other-side triumphantly clear, beauty present, clear skies, and heavenly winds. To discover to be, this is the true me.

© 2017 Elephant


Author's Note

Elephant
I hope that you like it and please leave a review

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on September 6, 2017
Last Updated on September 6, 2017

Author

Elephant
Elephant

Australia



About
I am 17 years old and in year 12 at school. I have a passion for music (I play piano and clarinet) and writing. I dream of becoming a doctor and going on missionaries in Africa. My biggest ambition is.. more..

Writing
Equals Equals

A Poem by Elephant


Fighter Fighter

A Poem by Elephant