Hole

Hole

A Poem by Elephant
"

The Hole doesn't mean that it is the end, its just the beginning.

"

Bruised and beat; heart pounding as I lay on the cold concrete floor, demanding that I was strong enough to stand. Frail, broke contesting that today wasn’t the day where I was going to make it to my feet. As I lay, absorbing all of my surroundings but not really paying attention to them, I deeply question, why I couldn’t rise? Why my body would not move when I asked it? Curled over, a ball of sadness I resembled, I am nothing! I alone, trapped and rampaged by the disgust of who I am, that I am deafened, unable to hear the distant screams of those who care, offering me their hand, an aid to rise off of the cold, concrete ground. So, there I lay, broken and unable to speak; too shadowed by the pain of this world to be able to comprehend the happenings of my life; death was upon me. Unforgiven, for the hurt I inflicted to me, as I curl deeper and deeper into the ball, unloved not even by me. I see, the distant me, trapped in a hole deeper then imaginable; no ladder, no escape, no hand long enough to hoist me up; their I remain trapped, lost. I feel myself, sliding down the edge, that rope I am holding, dangling, for my life depends on it; unsure of the tomorrow, only knowing my fate was down. To why I am using energy, easy to waste, when my fate sealed and already in place; should I give up now, give into the death that so earnestly calls my name, pounding on my chest to just let go.

© 2017 Elephant


Author's Note

Elephant
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 6, 2017
Last Updated on December 6, 2017

Author

Elephant
Elephant

Australia



About
I am 17 years old and in year 12 at school. I have a passion for music (I play piano and clarinet) and writing. I dream of becoming a doctor and going on missionaries in Africa. My biggest ambition is.. more..

Writing
Equals Equals

A Poem by Elephant


Fighter Fighter

A Poem by Elephant