Insanity of Religion

Insanity of Religion

A Story by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Religion seems to play a big role in society today. I'm not one to follow any type of religion but I do have respect for those that follow it. But.... hearing some things such as the polygamy sect raid in Texas and the papal visit...among other things.. I just cant help but feel a little bit concerned.

 

I'm starting to think as much as I dont want to believe this, that religion is becoming more of a problem for everything than a solution. Most of the problems around this world have everything to do with religion...wars, etc.

 

I watch and listen to the news and several things I hear that involve religion is enough to make my blood boil. 

During the funeral of actor Heath Ledger, christian groups insisted on protesting at his funeral because he played a gay man in Brokeback Mountain. During the premiere of the movie Horton Hears A Who, in front of thousands of children christian groups protested about abortions. IN FRONT OF CHILDREN!!! that probably dont even know what the hell an abortion is. During the polygamy sect, and after the raid christian groups gave the children t-shirts that said holding hands was a form of abuse. And then this whole thing with same-sex marriage.

 

Actors are supposed to play whatever the director thinks is the right role for them, yes? So Heath played a gay man. It's called entertainment. No one has to buy the movie...no one has to see the movie. And I just think the whole protesting for abortions around children are just insane. What is the reason you need to protest something like that with kids that are under 10 years old. And I'd love to know being a victim of abuse myself, who the hell said holding hands is considered to be abuse?

 

I'm just saying that some of these religions are just... a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Doesnt the bible teach to love thy neighbor no matter what? Having respect for other religions and meddle when you are not needed. So tell me, why the world really needs to have such absurdity in today's generation?

 

It's not everyone, dont get me wrong. Its these groups that feel the need to blow something way out of proportion to prove a point that doesnt really need to be proved. Live life, and do what needs to be done to move on so we can all meet our maker in the end.

© 2008 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Though I agree that your examples are absurd, I would say to be careful not to use the actions of a few as a way to discredit a whole religion. People do crazy things for their own reasons. Just because they interpret, lets just use the bible, a certain way doesn't mean the bible is wrong. It just means their interpretation is wrong. Haha, and if we're going to fault people telling 10 year olds that abortion is wrong, then we also need to fault all the media that targets kids on things like what kind of light bulbs to buy. I say this only because I ate at Chili's the other day with my family and my 10 year old cousin was with us. He got a kids menu that had all these tips and facts on being environmentally friendly. I'm sure my 10 year old cousin really needs to know that this certain kind of light bulb uses 10 percent less energy or whatever it said. But yeah, people do crazy things. People do them, and it does not always reflect directly back onto religion. For the most part, the examples you give are pretty ridiculous.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Argh, *bites own tongue*, don't even get me STARTED on religion..
Really, don't - it'll end up really badly.
I will say this - organized religion does have a tenancy of pushing the envelope, and doing some things that might be better off undone.
I do think holding hands could be considered abuse, under very specific circumstances, but I don't think it's a proper T-shirt to hand out to kids.
And that's all I'm going to say before I upset anyone I don't wish to upset, or before lightning strikes. :P

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 16, 2008

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing