Untitled

Untitled

A Chapter by BeccaBelieved-

Alexa gazed at the courtyard of the Academy, wrapping her pale arms tightly around her just as snow white pale bare legs. She pulled them tightly against her chest, folding them against herself as if her life depended on it. She nestled herself deeper between the two roots of a large, old Ash tree as she rested her chin on her knees. She faced the courtyard where many other teens, some of whom she knew, sat.
The late spring breeze was brisk, and with summer only a few days away, it was very warm out. Alexa glanced down at the outfit her best friend had wanted her to wear. Her black jean shorts barely reached a few inches down her thighs, and her top, one that would make her mother freak if she saw it, was a simple white tank-top, perfect for summer weather, fitted tightly against her torso, making her seem extremely thin and lean.
Her simple, heart-shaped face showed no emotion as she watched the others. Her pale white skin seemed to glow in the dim light of the shadows, making her bright blue eyes with black rings around the outside seem to glow even brighter. Her black hair, which she normally pulled back into a pony-tail, today waved and curled softly down to the middle of her back, cascading around her face and around her shoulders. It framed her smooth face, very much the opposite in color.
She sat alone today, on the last day of school before summer break, because her best friend, Alica, had left school early to meet up with her boyfriend before picking me up at the end of the shortened day so we could join everyone down at the beach. Alexa glanced down at the slim silver watch on her left wrist.
11:45
Only fifteen more minutes until she was free of this particular hell-hole she had been going to since she was 14. And then she was free for 2 months until she got to tackle a new obstacle; the Univeristy of Yale. She, unlike her friends, actually used her brains and was going to try to make a life for herself. She looked at her watch again,
11:50
Ten more minutes. Alexa rubs her hands together, trying to waste the time. But then she heard footsteps heading her way. She glanced around, trying to find their originator. It couldn’t be Alica yet, could it? She glances at her watch again
11:52
“Hey Alexa!! I’m here early!!” Alexa looks up and laughs. Apparently she was “Hey Alica” she looks at the guy on Alicia’s arm “Hey Tony.”
Tony nods “Hey Alexa.”
Alicia jumps up and down “You ready to go? We thought you’d like to ditch early”
Alexa nods glancing down at her gray purse “Yes, I’m ready.” She stands up “Let’s go.”
Alicia laughed and pulled Tony towards the parking lot after grabbing Alexa’s arm and pulling Alexa along with them. Alica opened the door to the back of Alexa’s sleek black convertible, the top down, and pulled Tony in along with her. Alexa sighed and climbed into the driver’s seat she glanced back at them “Where to?”
Alica laughs “The beach. I want to get there early enough to party!”
Alexa laughs and pulls out of the school parking lot, heading towards the beach. She heard Tony and Alica talking quietly in the back and couldn’t quite make out their conversation. She glanced in the rearview mirror at them, and saw them deep in conversation, their heads touching as they leaned together, looking down at their clasping hands. Alexa sighed, and looked straight ahead at the road. She remembered once acting like that, long ago. But now, well, she didn’t even want to think about it. She turned to the right, heading down the stretch of road to the beach. She hoped today at the beach would be better than last year….


© 2011 BeccaBelieved-


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow Becca This is really good. Umm You know I am not good with proffreading but this is a good story so far. I think its book worthy and you maybe on to something here. Great job. As Far as a title I suck at them too, Sorry I couldnt be much more help.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

BeccaBelieved-
BeccaBelieved-

Raymond, NE



About
I am not your typical country girl xD Yes, I'm a hard worker and all that, but I don't have the down south country accent. I live, and have always lived, in the country about two miles from a tiny lit.. more..

Writing