|Chapter 1|

|Chapter 1|

A Chapter by Bella Esther
"

She noticed and admired the man sitting behind a large chestnut desk, he was dressed in a fitted white button-up shirt, his bulky muscles prominent under the shirt, her eyes gazed upon his short thick

"

|| Alpha: denoting the dominant animal or human in a particular group. ||


Exhaustion racked her body with full on force. It had been six hours of continuous one-on-one training with the Alpha.

Punch after punch rained against the sand bag which only hung on by a rope. Her uncle's voice was just a blur as she focused on her stance, she angled her punches to the bag as she imagined the weak spots of a warrior wolf. Arabella was trying to channel some of her frustration into the punches. She didn't know how long she could continue like this.

Her uncle noticed her arms slowing down the slightest bit shouted at her, "No sacrifice, no victory!"

He examined her techniques and mistakes, his face was hard and made her unaware of his reaction to her training.

"Is that how you intend to take down the enemy? Harder! Punch harder! Focus Arabella! Focus!" her uncle bellowed at her.

She punched the bag faster and furiously, her knuckles numbed from every impact she made, the pain reluctantly turning into nothing. Her arms too felt dead, tiring out from the mass amount of punches she was throwing. With one last punch she surged her remaining energy into the final blow to the bag.

The bag crashed to the ground with excessive force, sand dispersed across the floor of the training room. Her body heaved from exhaustion and her arms throbbed from the work-out.

"It's too late! In battle, your entire army and pack would have already been dead! You killed your pack!" His eyes looked pointedly at her, his face stoic. Some hidden meaning behind his words.

"I'm sorry Uncle, I'll try harder next time." She attempted to hide her exhaustion, she did not want to disappoint him again.

"Try harder now! Again! You will get this right!" his face determined, his voice hard and abounding with authority. Like an Alpha to his submissive.

Sweat saturated her body and her clothes stuck to her sodden skin. Her hair was wet and clinging to her neck as beads of seat rolled down her body. She had neglected training for the pass months and her endurance was lowered as a consequence.

"Yes uncle." She said coldly, disappointment almost present into her tone as she went back into stance.

The eyes of Arabella's uncle assessed her body as she tried to catch a breath after the lengthy training session.

"Fine." He huffed out. "We are done for the day." He grumbled out, pity at it's finest.

"No! We will continue." Arabella replied after sensing his pitiful pardon to her.

"Arabella, I said that is enough for the day. You are dismissed." he said before turned away.

"Yes, of course Alpha Mike," She said through gritted teeth that he sent her home.

"There will be a meeting after dinner to discuss the interim of your brother's training." he said carefully, "Will you be attending?"

"My presence is not needed." She replied embittered.

"It is our choice. Also be ready, your parents have something to discuss with you at dinner tonight at your house" he said returning to his serious demeanor.

"Will you not be eating with the pack?" She asked inquisitive to why.

"As I said before, there is something to be discussed privately. Your parents and brother will not be joining the pack for dinner tonight, but where you have yours." He said.

She watch him under a scrutinizing gaze as she speculated the private forthcoming dinner as they both exit the room. She pondered about how contrasting her entire life would have been if she had been instated and she did emerge as it .

Her proclaimed predetermined destiny crumbled to nothing and the constant remembrance of her appointed failure subdued her in a state of distress which drowned her in depression. The languor that she bared, she would never reveal.

*********************************************************************

Hello All, this is my first book and I'm grateful that you decided to read it.



© 2017 Bella Esther


Author's Note

Bella Esther
ignore grammar issues

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on February 12, 2017
Last Updated on February 12, 2017
Tags: werewolf, romance, fantasy, thriller, paranormal, mates