Missing Him

Missing Him

A Poem by Closed Account
"

RIP Grandpa "Papi" You'll live on in our hearts forever...

"

As we walked up to the coffin,

I took a deep breath..

Would he look different?

It was silent in the church,

Except for the piano playing,

But that was just background noise.
I did my best to hold myself together,

Trying hard not to think about what I saw in front of me.

But looking down on him brought me over the edge.

The tears I’d held inside for so long couldn’t stay in anymore.

He looked peaceful,

Almost happy.

I knew he was in a better place,

But the pain wouldn’t go away,

And no matter how hard I’d tried

I couldn’t stop missing him. 

© 2010 Closed Account


Author's Note

Closed Account
I've been wanting to write something about this for a while, but couldn't. I finally got something down, but...eh...i don't know if I like it. Please review?? Tell me what you think plz!! Thankies!!(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The pain the person was feeling was quite obvious and as well, you protrayed it in words beautifully. I have only ever been to one funeral in my life; my grandmas. As I read this I recalled every feeling, every thought I had while looking at her, lying there in a coffin. It was very relateable. Thanks for sharing :)

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this reads more like a journal entry than a poem, but then again all poems are journal entries aren't they? this was simple and direct and sometimes that's all a poem needs to be. your emotion was expressed and that's all i care about as a writer and a reader. good work.
however, if you're looking for a way to work it a ilttle better, i would suggest to play off of the piano line; maybe bring an imagery to the notes reaching your ears as noise. or the smell of the church. things like that, organic things that could make the piece become more textured.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


such powerful emotion here. Sad and over all touching.
This tugs on the heart strings. Well written.....

Posted 13 Years Ago


awwww!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great display of emotion. Love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
Aww!! *hugs* I want to cry now!! The emotion in this is SO strong! And written wonderfully. :( As far as I know, I've never been to a funeral...'cept maybe when i was too young to remember. I do understand this somewhat...as much as i can, anyway. I'm sorry for your loss. (: But beautiful, sad, sorrowed, tear-jerking poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The pain the person was feeling was quite obvious and as well, you protrayed it in words beautifully. I have only ever been to one funeral in my life; my grandmas. As I read this I recalled every feeling, every thought I had while looking at her, lying there in a coffin. It was very relateable. Thanks for sharing :)

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. I want to cry now. I could just feel the pain of this person at the funeral. This poem is haunting, but blunt. Grief can kill you. I would like to see another poem explaining what happened before and after.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! such emotion into this poem. loved it a lot. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on December 5, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..