The Black Heart

The Black Heart

A Story by Peachgirl
"

a very short diary type thing following a girl and about how he loved and she loved him.. but not really

"
Hi. It's me, again. Day 11 of my Diary Of Love. Jack is still in love with me. or so he says...

Day 25
He has done it. Now he has done it. I always knew he would. Here is how it all happened.

I was walking down the street with him, hand in hand. Talking about everything, and nothing. Prom, the upcoming events, the maths sheet, how much he loved me. Yeah, right. HE NEVER DID.I dropped him off home because he said he was tired and staying in for the night. So I left him and he closed the door. I never suspected a thing. To make his scam more realistic, he turned on this bedroom light and moved around a bit. Then his sister came in and, as the window was open, I heard her say: "So your staying in for the night?" Then Jack must have said something, because she said "Ok..." and walked out. Then his light turned out. Thinking all was fine, I walked away down my street. Oh, how wrong I was. I got home to find my parents not in. But there was a note on the kitchen table, so I picked it up and read. 

Dear Amber,
Gone out to dinner with the Barnords. Be back soon. And yes, you can go to Taco Toms if you want. James and Michelle in bed. DO NOT disturb them.
Love you,
Mum and Dad
xxx

I smiled, put the note down and picked up my purse, then put it down again. I was in my uniform... So I ran upstairs and changed into my t-shirt, hoodie and jeans. Then I went downstairs again, picked up my purse and left for Taco Toms.

When I got there, the place was not as packed as normal, but thee were still about 10 people there. I joined the back of one queue and waited for my turn. When the lady at the till called "Next please!" I walked up and said "One Taco set, a medium, one large chicken pouch and a cola please!" she nodded and turned behind her to pick up my order from the ovens behind the counter. As she was doing that, a large burst of laughter broke out behind me. I turned around to see two teenagers, a boy and a girl, sitting at a table with their backs to me, laughing. I didn't have time to get a proper look because my order was ready. Looking away, I turned around and took my order. I paid the amount and walked away from the counter. That's when I saw him. Jack was there. He was the one laughing. He was the boy, and who was the girl? I knew for a fact he did not have any friends who were girls and I knew what his sister, cousins, relatives and anyone he knew looked like. She was NONE of the above. I had never seen her before in my entire life. And then I knew who she was as soon as he kissed her on the cheek. Anger, sadness, jealousy, hatred, hurt all these emotions flared up inside of me when he did that. I slammed my tray on the table as hard as I could. This got his attention. He looked up. His eyes widened. He went pale. I just stood there as mad as anything. He stood up and began "Amber, I can ex-" but I cut him off. 
"Who is this?! Who is she? Is she your new girlfriend you have been seeing behind my back?? Jack?! How could you?! It is supposed to be us! NO-ONE else! I cant believe you would do this to me!" I was heading towards tears. But the girl's next words brought the anger right back inside me. "Jack, sit down. Don't bother with this little weirdo. She doesn't belong with you. She is a little brat. A mutt." I felt like hitting her ugly face as hard as I could. Instead, I let out a stream if profanities that do not expect to come out of a girls mouth. Then I aimed a couple at Jack before saying: " Jack, we are over. I guess that this brat is better. I hope to never see your face again." Then I stood up, took my tacos and walked out.

Day 30
I am glad I dumped Jack the Cheater. He was so conceited the whole time and always puts me in the shadows and blocks me at parties! Ugh! It gets lonely sometimes, but I have my friends and my family. When I see him around, I ignore him now.
I had always thought he had a heart of gold, filled with love and kindness. But that was not so. His heart was crooked, dark, cold and un loving. It was stone, horrid and cold. All his 'I love you' s and 'You are the only one' s had all been lies. He was dark and un caring. He was dangerous to love. He had an evil heart. A twisted mind. A dark heart. A Black Heart.

© 2013 Peachgirl


Author's Note

Peachgirl
I hope you enjoy it! I enjoyed writing it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

May I just say I am proud to be the first to review. Wonderful story line, hun, you really got the right emotions there. I noticed you used the rule of five when Amber found Jack in Taco Toms (loving Taco Toms by the way!) and wrote 'anger, sadness, jealousy, hatrd, hurt.' This is great because it lets the reader explore the characters emotions that are racing through their heads. Now Peachey, their were a few spelling and gramma mistakes thrown in here but it's nothing a few good read throughs and correction can't fix. For example, when you say 'All his ' I live you's' I think is meant to be 'All his 'I love you's'. This ruins the effect of the hurt, upset Amber we've read about slightly. On a more positive note though, I love the humour on the story. I especially liked this part: 'I am glad I dumped Jack the Cheater.'. I think this shows that no matter what happens, Amber will keep fighting in her humorous way. I loved reading this and I hope you write Zoe follow on stories as I think this would be wonderful for both you and the reader.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Peachgirl

11 Years Ago

wait i just realised i cant!!! D=
Alys Jackson

11 Years Ago

Haha!
Peachgirl

11 Years Ago

i know



Reviews

I am so sorry about the grammar/spelling mistakes!!! Please ignore them!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh gosh ! This was excellent! Sweetie , you are a fantastic writer and one day I can see you making it big. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


May I just say I am proud to be the first to review. Wonderful story line, hun, you really got the right emotions there. I noticed you used the rule of five when Amber found Jack in Taco Toms (loving Taco Toms by the way!) and wrote 'anger, sadness, jealousy, hatrd, hurt.' This is great because it lets the reader explore the characters emotions that are racing through their heads. Now Peachey, their were a few spelling and gramma mistakes thrown in here but it's nothing a few good read throughs and correction can't fix. For example, when you say 'All his ' I live you's' I think is meant to be 'All his 'I love you's'. This ruins the effect of the hurt, upset Amber we've read about slightly. On a more positive note though, I love the humour on the story. I especially liked this part: 'I am glad I dumped Jack the Cheater.'. I think this shows that no matter what happens, Amber will keep fighting in her humorous way. I loved reading this and I hope you write Zoe follow on stories as I think this would be wonderful for both you and the reader.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Peachgirl

11 Years Ago

wait i just realised i cant!!! D=
Alys Jackson

11 Years Ago

Haha!
Peachgirl

11 Years Ago

i know

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 25, 2013

Author

Peachgirl
Peachgirl

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom



About
I am Peachgirl. I love to climb, run and fly. Even though I can't, it is nice to believe that sometimes. This is my life motto. Imperfection Is Beauty. We Are All Imperfect. We Are All Beautiful more..

Writing
Escape Escape

A Story by Peachgirl


His World His World

A Poem by Peachgirl