Chapter I

Chapter I

A Chapter by Belle Morte

The alarm went off an hour before sundown, like usual. I was beginning to really dislike owning the club. I crawled out of bed and slowly started on my way towards the coffee pot. Halfway down the darkened stairway, I ran into Shakespeare.
His skin was the color of a pure starless, moonless night, slightly darker than the stairway we now stood in. I leaned into him, laying the feel of my lips against his, feeling his mouth spread into a smile, bringing one of my own. I locked my arms around his neck and pulled back enough to ask, "Are you ready for work?".
He kissed me again. Hard. Hard enough to bruise. It brought a small sound from my throat before I plastered myself to him. He ate at my lips as his hands caressed my body. He broke from the kiss and left me breathless on the stairs, his laughter trailing after him. Before he turned into out bedroom he called back down to me, " Oui, cheri, I am. But are you?" and he shut the door before I had time to think through his question.
I stood there a moment, relearning how to breath. A smile spread across my face and I headed down the stairs with nerves and excitement bubbling in my stomache. Tonight was opening night.



© 2008 Belle Morte


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I stood there a moment, relearning how to breath. A smile spread across my face and I headed down the stairs with nerves and excitement bubbling in my stomache. Tonight was opening night.
---
I stood there a moment, relearning how to breath. A smile spread across my face and I headed down the stairs with nerves and excitement bubbling in my stomach. Tonight was opening night.
---

a little spelling error there...but things seem in order...its rather short...but what I can make of this is she is owner of a club, and Shakespeare is her boyfriend and they run the business together...not much else you can take from this narrative...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Good work, it flows well and has great description. The only suggestion I could give is too make it a little longer, it's more like an excerpt to me rather a full chapter, but nonetheless very good! I'm wondering what kind of club this is, and why Shakespeare is there lol.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a good start! I am going to read more! I want to see what happens. There is just enough there to keep me interested.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 5, 2008


Author

Belle Morte
Belle Morte

Athens, GA



About
My passion is writing but I don't have all that much time to transfer my stuff from paper to the computer. Some of my stories also go along with other, already published books, but only loosely, eit.. more..

Writing
Yes, Sir Yes, Sir

A Poem by Belle Morte