Chapter 1: It all burns so fast.

Chapter 1: It all burns so fast.

A Chapter by Mock Vattic
"

Ashia a young girl meets a boy in the woods only to find out her village is under attack

"
In a small simple village miles away from one of the great cities of Fabyla lived many farmers tending to crops year around.  Not ruled by any tribe they tend to mind their own business only leaving once a year to deliver goods and make trade in the big city.
An elderly man and women are apart of this village with many generations of farming under their belt.  With them they have an adopted grandchild.  This young girl with short brown hair name was Ashia.
The elderly women was preparing some food as the elderly man was reading a newspaper while sitting on his favorite chair.  The elderly women turns to the man as she chops up some potatoes and slides them into a boiling pot.
"Hun can you get Ashia for me it's almost time for dinner."  She says in a soft voice.
The man folds up the paper and sets it on a nightstand besides him.  Putting his hands on either side of the arm rests and hoisting himself up he sighs.  "I suppose it is that time huh?  Sure Hun I will go get her."
Heading outside slowly closing the door behind him he looks back at his wife lovingly before closing the door completely.  Grabbing his coat that was drapped over the side of the railing he throws it on and puts his hands in the fronts of the pockets.
Ashia meanwhile is walking left and right across the field is picking up massive branches from a storm they had a few days ago and tossing them straight out of the field.  She grabs the biggest branch she could see and lifts it over her head.  Feeling a hand grab her shoulder she panics and swings it around.
She turns to see her grandfather on the ground in a daze.  She apparently had hit him with the large branch in her panic.  Her eyes goes wide as she tosses the branch very far away into the distance as you here a large crash from it and a dust cloud.
"Oh grandpa I'm sorry.  I... I.. didn't know it was you."
Grandpa gets partially up and dusts his pants off.  "It's perfectly fine young Ashia.  That strength of yours may be good for farming but it can really throw an old man for a loop wahaha."  He grabs his arm and rotates his shoulder a few times.
He points his thumb over his shoulder towards the house grinning.  "Grandma is almost done with the dinner.  You've worked hard enough and it's time for us to get some grub."  He claps and rubs his hands together.
About 30 minutes later they are all sitting at the table having their meal.  Grandma suddenly gets up as grandpa and Ashia look at her confused.
"What is it mom?"  Asks the grandpa.
The grandma pulls open the curtains with two fingers and just peaks outside at the setting sun.   Talking in her soothing voice she turns to their granddaughter.  "Ashia..."
Ashia puts her hands on to her legs.  "Yes what is it grandmother?  I know the fields are not done I will finish them as soon as I am done with dinner."
Grandma shakes her head back and forth with her eyes closed.  "No no nothing like that.  In fact quite the opposite.  I want you to go play with the children after you are done eating."
"WHAAAAT! But grandma I don't even like any of those kids."  She crosses her arms.  "All of them are much too young to even get along with anyways."
Grandma goes up and pats Ashia on her head calming her down a bit.  "Now now all you do is work and work.  Helping me and your grandpa everyday.  You've got to have fun once in a while.  Me and dad may not have super strength like you but we have been farmers long before you were even a thought."
Grandpa goes over and picks up Ashia as she starts kicking her legs.  "HEY what are you doing?"  She suddenly gets tossed outside on to her stomach.
Grandpa rests his arm on the door frame blocking the door.  "Grandpa!  I don't want to do this.  I hate those kids."
Grandpa speaks grinning.  "Hey your grandma is right as usual.  You're a child but you treat your life as like you are an adult."
"Oh no not another one of his life lessons again."  Ashia thinks in disgust.
Grandpa points his finger up into the air.  "Grandpa's life lesson number 24:  Youth that lives like an adult becomes an adult who missed out on a childhood."  He then slams the door.
Ashia stands up and looks towards the kids playing in a makeshift park that the farmers had made of old equipment.  All of them are several years younger than her.  "Humph!  I'll just go on my own."  She looks at a small forest several yards distant from the village.  "I guess I could have some fun.  Those forests have been in my thought ever since I could notice them.  Maybe its time to explore for a little while."
So she headed off towards the woods reaching what seemed like an entrance to it.  She realizes that the forest seemed to be a lot thicker than what she saw from a distance but continued on her way without a second thought.
She walked further and further into the forest until the darkness crept in.  She slowly started to become scared and then eventually paranoid.  She started to talk to herself.  "What if I get lost in this forest forever?"  She starts to panic even more.  "What if I never see grandma and grandpa ever again."  She puts her hand on either side of her head.  "Awwwww why did they ask me to play outside all I wanted to do was work..."
"zzzzzzzzzzz....."  Suddenly she hears some sound.
"What is that?"  Her eyes widen and mouth gapes open.
"zzzzzzzzz....."
She turns around and looks up to the large tree behind her.  In it she sees a glint of light caused by the moon reflecting off on something.  She squints really hard but can't make out what it is.  "What if it's a monster?" She thinks to herself.
Reeling her fist back she screams.  "I WON'T DIE HERE MONSTER!!!!"  She slams a punch into the tree with all her might splitting it down the middle as the crack quickly rises up.  As it hits the the top the glint starts the come down towards her.
She puts her hand above her eyes as the glint gets brighter and brighter.  She squints once more.  "What is tha... AH!"  Something stabs into the ground so close to her feet that it almost hits her.  Her face goes red.  "That was really clo..." *Thud*  
As if a 150 weight slammed right into her face she gets knocked to the ground.  Rubbing her forehead she yells angrily.  "Now what the hell was that!"
She looks over to see a child about her age crashed with his head on the ground and his feet in the air like an upright pole.  Ashia face goes shocked as she sees the boy fall over onto his back.  The boy sudden gets on all fours and crawls slowly towards the thing into the ground.  Slowly he gets up and grabs it with one hand at first yanking on it.
"Um... who the heck are you?"  She says with an irritated voice.
The boy still silent grabs it with his other hand and pops it out of the ground with his back against Ashia.  Ashia blinks her eyes for a millisecond and when she opens them he is gone.  She feels something like a sheathed sword being pulled against her neck as she hears a voice behind that sword.
"If you scream you......."  Ashia grabs the sword with both hands pulling it away from her throat and throws the boy over her head tossing him several feet into another tree cracking it.  The redheaded boy grabs the back of his head.  "Ow ow ow..  what the hell was that for!?"
Ashia puts her fist upwards with an angry face.  "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN 'what did you do that for?'  YOU WERE ABOUT TO THREATEN TO KILL ME."
The boy waves his arms in front of him hands open.  "Me?  No I wasn't.  I was gonna say 'If you scream you're going to give me a massive headache.'  But it seems like that is too late already.  HEHE"  He grins.
Ashia crosses her arms with a grumpy face.  "Who the hell are you anyway?  I bet some kinda ginger pervert by where you were hiding."
The ginger boy runs his hands through his wavy hair getting all the twigs out of it aggressively.  Ashia continues to stare at him as he walks over to pick up his sword throwing it over his shoulder.  "Me?  Nah was just taking a nap.  Seems like a rude awakening if you ask me.  But I am not from around these parts if that is your ways."
The boy holds out his his hand with an intent to shake hers.  He closes his eyes and grins.  "My name is Yurri.  It's nice to meet you what is your name?"
Ashia slaps his hand away from hers instead of shaking it.  "None of your business perv.  I got my own problems to deal with."
Yurri puts his hands behind his back and stands straight.  "Hehe I understand.  We all have our own problems.  I'll just call you angry girl."
"ANGRY GIRL?" she reels back with another punch but Yurri slowly walks over and clasps her fist with one hand slowly putting it down.
She looks at him softly and curiously then looks down.  "Who is this kid?''  She looks back up at him seeing a completely serious look on his face.  "What is it ginger perv."
"Fire."  He says staring off into the distance.  He then takes off at full blast leaving her behind.
"Fa..... Fire..... FIRE?  Wait that's towards my village.  Gran and Gramps."  She follows behind Yurri.  Upon arriving she sees all the buildings she grew up alongside in flames.  Guarding herself from the heat and closing one eye she screams slightly tearing up.  "GRANDMA!  GRANDPA!"
Bracing her feet she runs through the flames while guarding herself from them.  Running and running through the heat she reaches her house to see it fully ablaze.  "Grandpa... If your in there I'll help you!."
She tries to approach the house.  The heat so intense and getting even stronger with each slow step she takes.  She sees out of the corner of her eye a large wood beam cracking under pressure and heat then giving way and falling towards her.
"I'm strong enough to stop it but not if it is ablaze."  Using all of her strength she kicks off as it crashes where she stood blocking her path to her house.  "N.. N.... Now what do I do?"  She sets her hand behind her and feels something made of leather.
Her eyes widen as she slowly looks up to see an older man with many scars on his face hold a rope with both his hands.  "Looks like we missed one."  He pulls the rope with either hand and cracks it straight.  "Hello little lady.  Why don't you come with.... meeeEEEEE"  Ashia has kick here leg up over her head and hit the man square between the legs.  The hit was so hard the man was actually lifted off the ground several feet bringing pain to his face.
Ashia gets up and starts to run full speed glancing behind her to see the man grabbing his crotch in pain writhing on the ground.  She faces back forward.  As she runs she passes houses examining houses as she goes by them.  Seeing no sign of her neighbors.  All the fields are ablaze.  Years and years of hard work burning before her very eyes as those eyes as well start to tear up.
She is eventually so exhausted she has to stop.  She arches over and puts her hands on her knees sweating and panting.  She is very close to passing out.  Several men one after another begin to surround her.  Some with swords and some with pistols.  A man appears with them,  the one Ashia kicked. 
He lifts his arm and points towards the girl the other hand still covering his crotch were he was kick.  In a squeaky voice he speaks.  "That girl right their is not like the others.  She has super strength so she must be either passing by or adopted.  Must be from a distant tribe."
Another man puts his hand on the first ones shoulder.  "Boss you ok you don't look so g..."  *BLAH*  The squeaky voice guy pukes all over the other guys shoes.  The man looks at his boss.  "Ummm."  He starts to yell at all the other men covering up for his boss.  "He says capture that girl she is priority number one."
The heat is getting to Ashia.  She is getting more and more drained falling to her side.  Her eyes getting heavier.  "Grandma...."  Her mind flashes with her grandmothers face.  "Grandpa..."  Her mind flashes a time were her grandpa was putting a bandage on her head.  
Ashia goes unconscious.  Only sound is the steps of the men approaching step by step and the cracking of the flames.  The old water tower behind Ashia begins to bend.  The metal fluxing slowing slumping over her until it gives way.
It falls and falls as it feels like time slows down.  The men look over at one of the few buildings standing as an explosion burst from it and a boy come from it.  The boy as in an instant covers Ashia with his cloak.
"That boy have a death wish he is about to be crushed."  The tower falls and crashes directly on him.  Fire as well as water is scattered everywhere.  All the men get knocked onto their asses.  After the dust starts to clear they see a figure hold something.
"What kind of freak is this kid.  He apart of a tribe too?"  
Yurri is holding Ashia in his arms.  She is unconsciously gripping him.  He smiles looking down on her.  "It seems your fine.  Thank goodness."  He walks over to a small patch of untouched grass and slowly sets he down resting her head as softly as possible.  He grabs his sheathed sword and walk towards calmly towards the middle not even looking at the group of men.
"What kind of freak are you?"  Yurri takes a step.
"You from a tribe too?"  Yurri takes several more steps still not looking at the men.
The man who previously got kicked finally yells in confusion.  "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM US?"
Yurri finally stops staring into the flames around him.  "Just passing through."  He looks at the men as they look back into his enraged eyes.
Yurri lifts his sword out in front of him horizontally not unsheathing it.  "Now..... BLITZ!!!"  In a puff of dust he vanishes.  The men look all around them in horrifying confusion as one by one massive amounts of air pressure puts fires out one after another.  Each one sounding like a sonic boom until they are all out.
The men then look back as Yurri stops in the spot he was before causing one last boom.  Yurri puts his sword back over his shoulder.  Looking down he looks back up at them and smile a big grin.
"My name is Yurri.... and I'm a samurai."


© 2017 Mock Vattic


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Mock Vattic
I suck at grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is incredible. i enjoy the characters, (aisha the tsundere especially hehe) but i have to say there is some really bad gramatical errors in here, and the whole part about her grandparents burning in the fire seems terribly rushed. perhaps have a few paragraphs of her searching for her grandparents around the village, or at least looking around, as she slowly realises that they must be in the fire. very well done overall, though!

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AlmightyTyrone

7 Years Ago

I agree ! Do you think you're going to stay updated with the story ? I sure am :p
Jeremiah N. Tarvin

7 Years Ago

but of course!



Reviews

Awesome ! I love stories where the main char is a bad a*s, keep it up

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is incredible. i enjoy the characters, (aisha the tsundere especially hehe) but i have to say there is some really bad gramatical errors in here, and the whole part about her grandparents burning in the fire seems terribly rushed. perhaps have a few paragraphs of her searching for her grandparents around the village, or at least looking around, as she slowly realises that they must be in the fire. very well done overall, though!

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AlmightyTyrone

7 Years Ago

I agree ! Do you think you're going to stay updated with the story ? I sure am :p
Jeremiah N. Tarvin

7 Years Ago

but of course!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017
Tags: Ashia, Yurri


Author

Mock Vattic
Mock Vattic

MN



About
Since this site is awful at best, I rarely update it. Check out my inkitt page for up-to-date stuff. more..

Writing
First Class First Class

A Chapter by Mock Vattic


The Bomb The Bomb

A Chapter by Mock Vattic