The destruction of the enemy Part Two: How I survived

The destruction of the enemy Part Two: How I survived

A Story by Ben Dickson
"

Second part to this story. First part was called 'The plan'.

"
I sat at the café on the main street which the Bayswater Tube Station is on, and looked out the window at the cold, foggy day. My backpack, which sat on the chair at the opposite side of the small table I was at, was my company- I was having a drink with my 'old bag'! The coffee was bitter, but sugar and milk disguised it enough to make it palatable. The warm, dark syrup in my mouth felt good and brought me to life a bit more. The slow bustle here in 1962 paralleled the cities awakening from a nightmare- London was well and truly back on it's feet from the events of less than a couple of decades ago. I had chosen this time, because to go to far back in time is dangerous. I was instructed by the aliens, whose ship I was from, that the metaphysical transporter was only close to being guaranteed to work going back to around the 1940's. I knew that one of the evil aliens from the other ship was going to be here in 1962, so here I was in pre-Beatles London! I pondered my trip I had just taken to this city of the early 90's era. The trip in which I had nearly died. My 'evil me'- the Record Exec.- had shot me, but had not killed me. I faked the depth of my injury and managed to sneak a look in his desk draws after he left the room to get someone to get my body out. I grabbed pile of papers from his desk, and, lo and behold, there it was- instructions for the metaphysical transporter on his ship! My 'body' was taken out to an ambulance and off to a hospital. I continued to feign my death until the ambulance doors were opened at the hospital we arrived at. The guys in white were so surprised to see me pop my head up and say, "Well, now I feel right as rain!"-after which I jumped up and ran for my life from the scene. Needless to say I left my hotel room at Bayswater behind, and headed back to my spaceship which was in the 21st century. I found out via research, that after I left London of the early 90's,  Kate ended up dying again at the hands of the evil me. So, at some time I had to go back and prevent that. But, for now, I would get rid of these villains who made my life such a mess. I would 'catch a wave' with the reptilian 'me' here in this timeframe, and go back to his ship. There was another reason for me going so far back to this era- the doorway which is left open by time travel stays open longer the further back you are from the time you're travelling to. I took another gulp of my honey-coloured beverage. Now all I had to do was hang around a bit and work out how to meet the evil me of this era- a mad Author and Occultist, named Ben J. Amin. He had made quite a name for himself by not only his books and columns in a newspaper, but also by his travels to Egypt and afar. He would be a tough adversary, and I was still recovering from being shot in the side at close range. This was a tough one.

© 2015 Ben Dickson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015

Author

Ben Dickson
Ben Dickson

Canberra, Australia



About
I'm known by some, but not by others! more..

Writing