It was me

It was me

A Story by BenjTurlik
"

Short Suspense story ending open to interpretation.

"
I lived alone, for what seemed like an eternity I would sit in the utter blackness of my room gazing into the abyss with no end pondering what was through to the other side. My room was of small square shape, not nine feet by nine. In it, a simple wooden chair sat with the urge to hold me as I lived this dark and restless existence wondering what it must feel like to breath free air. On the wall behind me stood a tall wooden door serving as the only exit to my depressing chamber of blackness. In this room was nothing but my chair, my simple wooden desk, and on it placed a small green reading lamp which had been strategically placed so that it was only lighting a small area of the top of the desk's brown surface. Sitting in this spot I wondered of the conditions outside when I heard a sound on the other end of my door. I sat for a longer period of time seeming to be endless to try and speculate to the best of my ability as to what the sound could have been. Before my thoughts had all been collected, the door slowly opened seemingly on its own. At this moment, fear ran through me like never before. The small itchy droplets of sweat appeared from the scratchy skin below my chin as well as in the back of my neck, where I found the hairs to be standing on end. The door at last had been opened and I received a shocking blast of cold air from the other side. After my initial shock of temperature change, I noticed a figure standing in the doorway which turned my fear into near panic. My heart began racing and beating like the drum of a military band. Faster and faster until I felt as if I would die from a rupture in fear for my life. The figure said nothing. The figure did nothing. It simply stood in place silently. I grabbed my lamp off of the desk in an attempt to uncover the identity of this frightening and intimidating figure. At last I shined the light of the lamp into the face of the individual standing at my door. It was at this time where my heart skipped beats and I speculate that I fainted out of disbelief, because standing at my door in front of me, was myself. It was me.

© 2016 BenjTurlik


Author's Note

BenjTurlik
Open to interpretation

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on February 29, 2016
Last Updated on February 29, 2016
Tags: Suspense

Author

BenjTurlik
BenjTurlik

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I like to write short stories, usually in the horror genre. more..

Writing
Eyes On Me Eyes On Me

A Story by BenjTurlik