Chapter Two:The Meeting

Chapter Two:The Meeting

A Chapter by Ben
"

Chapter two. Enjoy!

"

The Meeting

 

 

                Jason was awakened abruptly ten hours later by a loud rap on his door. Groaning, he got off his warm bed and dragged himself over to the door and unbolted it. An old man tumbled in. This man’s name was Bobby Abbot. The old man pulled himself up and smiled at Jason.

“I heard what happened yesterday. You were very brave. Well now, I was told by you-know-who, eh?” Bobby asked, “That we’re going to have a meeting so, come along!” Bobby walked away and towards an elevator. Jason closed the door behind him as he pulled on some shoes. He hurried into the cramped box, and Bobby pressed the button ‘Floor’.

When they reached the ground floor, the doors opened, and the two men stepped out into a large lobby. A marble staircase wound its way up 100 floors, and the carpeted floor was covered neatly in chairs and table. A few of the spaces were occupied by early risers. The continued along the vast lobby, until they reached six double doors, and pushed one open. They stepped out into the fresh morning air, and turned right, heading towards the parking area.

Once they reached the parking lot, Jason took the lead. They walked up to a black Camaro Z28. Jason smiled, unlocked the door, and slid inside.  He unlocked the other door, and Bobby came in also. Jason started the engine and drove out or the parking lot. He stopped at the exit of the hotel, and turned off into the highway. Bobby gripped his seat as the rounded a sharp corner, going at least 50 miles per hour. Jason grinned broadly as they made another turn.

“What’s the matter? Never gone this fast before?” Jason asked, as he picked up speed, whizzing past other cars.

“Heck, yes! But I’ve never gone 50 in that sharp of a turn! Darn, slow down, Jason!” Bobby squealed. Jason sighed and let off the accelerator a little.

A few minutes later, after more sharp turns, they stopped in front of a large iron gate, where a young man was seated next to it in a small windowed shed. They pulled up to the man, and bobby leaned over as Jason rolled down the window. The man smiled and said, “Good morning!” Bobby returned the gesture. The gates opened inward, and Jason drove slowing through it. Nodding to the man, he drove on. The drove up a gravel driveway until they reached a large warehouse. They turned into an open doorway and parked halfway into it. Other cars were parked around them, silent as ghosts. Jason and bobby stepped out of the Camaro, and walked over to a small door. Bobby pulled it open, and they walked inside.

“Well now, now, they sure did fix the ol’ warehouse up, didn’t they?” Bobby declared. Jason nodded again as they walked to the end of a large hallway. There, a strong looking man nodded to them, and pulled open a door for them to pass through.

They were now in a rather low ceilinged room, with a very big table in the middle. Several dozen men and women were seated around it. They split up, Bobby heading off to sit next to a very fat man, while Jason sat between his best friend, Steven, and a young lady he had never seen before.

“How ya doing, Jason? I wish I could have been there yesterday, looked fun!” Steven whispered in Jason’s ear as he sat down. Jason nodded and pulled a steaming cup of tea towards him. He took a sip, and looked over at the lady next to him. She smiled at him and held out her hand.

“Hello, I don’t believe we’ve met, have we? I’m Margret Willowings, Steven’s cousin.” She said brightly. Her golden hair danced in the light of the glass chandelier overhead. Jason smiled back and took her hand, shaking it.

“I’m Jason McNaire. Nice to meet you,” Jason replied. Margret smiled again, and let go of his hand. Jason turned back to Steven and whispered, “So, where were you yesterday?”

Steven grinned mischievously and winked at Jason, “You’ll soon find out, old buddy. Wait ‘til you hear, it was so great! Sorry you couldn’t be there.” He winked again, and turned to look at a man, who had just stood up. The room, which was buzzing quietly, fell silent almost immediately. The man’s name was Louis Starghing, and was the leader of the protesters. He had sparkling black eyes, and slightly grey hair, as if stress had turned him old early. He was dressed in a simple black suit, with an Elmo tie. Jason smiled. Louis always wore different ties to each meeting, and each one was unique.  

“Welcome, my friends! You might be wondering why I have called this meeting together, seeing as it is three days before our normal time for a meeting!” He paused there, and several people murmured to each other. “Well now, I just wanted to say a few things, so, let me begin. Steven Gates and Emily Barings snuck into the S.E.P. headquarters last night, and-” He was cut off by yells of jubilation. A stout man stood up and called out, “That’s great! What happened next?” Louis held out his hand again, and the group fell silent once more.

“Well, I would have told you, but you interrupted me,” A few people chuckled at this. “Now, those three snuck into the headquarters, and got some valuable information. They found out that the S.E.P. have spies everywhere. In fact, there might be one here in this room now.” There was uncomfortable shifting in people’s chairs. Jason looked around at the worried faces of his comrades, and thought if there could possibly be anyone who betrayed them. “Now, now, I’m sure there is not a spy here. Moving on. As well as finding that valuable information, we found out that the S.E.P. are going to try and raid this warehouse. Don’t interrupt, please, let me finish first before I answer any questions. Now, that means, on Friday, We must move out of here, with no traces of civilization whatsoever. Now, we should begin in twenty minutes time. Now, I will take questions.” Louis smiled and sat down.

“And what happens if they come early?” Piped in the stout man. Louis turned his head towards him and answered, “That is why we’re starting moving today.” The man sat down and frowned slightly. A small old woman stood up and spoke quite loudly for one so small,

“Then why are we just sitting here talking? We need to move now!” There were yells of agreement as the woman raised her hands up and looked at Louis.

“Well now, you do have a point, but then again we aren’t down yet with matters at the present,” He said. The woman’s hand fells limply to her sides and she sat down. “Thank you. Now, I just have one other thing to say: We need to fight back. Yes, we will have spies of our own. I think I know who I will pick. We will need only three, so as to not raise suspicion, and so they will be less likely to be caught. These three people are Albert Krrnooke, a young lady who most of you have not met, Miss Margret Willowings. And the third will be Jason McNaire.” There was a smattering of applause as the three chosen stood up. Albert waved, Margret smiled, but Jason stood dumbstruck. Why had they chosen him? He wasn’t good at anything! Well, except for computers.

“Yes, thank you. Now, you are probably wondering why I chose these three, was all seem very unlikely characters to be spies,” He paused again, and smiled. “But, I will tell you now. Albert is a master with weapons and gadgets like that, so he will be very invaluable to us. Miss Margret here is an ex-F.B.I agent.” Everyone looked surprised at this. “And Jason here is very accomplished at the art of computers. So he will be able to turn off alarms and things like that. I am sorry if I’m making no sense at all, but there you have it!” Louis smiled and sat down to loud clapping.

 

Jason was talking to Steven and Margret after the meeting, in the hallway, when the little woman walked up to them. She squeaked out in her loud voice,

“Sorry to break up this little chat, but Louis would like a word with you two,” she pointed at Jason and Margret. Steven frowned and turned away. They followed the woman back into the meeting room and through another door at the other end of the room. Jason had been here only once, and that was when he had gotten in trouble with Louis. Gulping down a hard lump in his throat, Jason continued to follow the woman past a small, dank hallway, filled with old cobwebs. Soon the reached a door, which opened without any assistance. The woman walked away, and Margret and Jason walked in.

“Please, come sit down.” They jumped as the voice rang out, and looked around. Louis was sitting behind a large desk, which was covered in paper and mugs. Albert was already seated in a wooden chair, chewing his fingernails nervously. Margret and Jason sat down on either sides of him in similar chairs. Jason looked around him at the small room. The walls were covered in paintings and sketches of building and what looked like weapons. Jason turned back to Louis and waited him to speak.

“Thank you. Now, as you might have guessed, I called you three here to talk about spying matters. You will be given your first assignment today. I know,” He looked at the startled faces of the spies. “this is very early to be doing anything, but I think you are able to accomplish this task. It is quite easy, believe me. All I want you to do is listen in on an important meeting that will happen on the twenty-first of this month. You have a week to get ready. Now, you must not be seen, do you understand me? You will be equipped with a car, some weapons, and a min headquarters, which is in a SUV. If you will come with me, we will pick out your things.” They all stood up and walked out a small doorway. Albert and Jason gaped at the scene.

“Oh. My. Gosh.” Margret breathed. They were in a large room, the size of a large church. It was filled with cars, boxes labeled ‘Explosive’ and many other things used in warfare. There was even a large covered object, which looked a lot like a helicopter. The walked down a metal staircase and onto the concreted floor. Louis turned around to face them.

“Beautiful, isn’t it? Twenty years of work, and now, it’s about to pay off! Well, I think we’ll pick your weapons first, so come with me please.” They followed him dumbly. Soon they reached a large part of the room which had a dozen or so safes, locked tightly. Louis walked around each one, turning a large knob, which caused the doors to open. There was an assortment of weapons, and each person took two. They were also given a pistol each. Albert took a shotgun and a rocket launcher. Margret took a sniper rifle and anther pistol. “I was a sniper for the F.B.I., you know,” she remarked when Jason raised an eyebrow at her. Jason took a fully automatic AK-47, and a grenade launcher.

                “Well now, that’s done! On to the cars!” Louis said. They followed him farther into the warehouse until the came into a clearing. There were cars of all kind there, sports cars, SUVs, and trucks. Margret immediately went towards a bright blue Mini Cooper and unlocked it with the key that was sitting on the trunk. Albert took a black Ford F-350 and sank back into its leather seats. A yellow sparkle caught Jason’s eye. He walked over to it, and found it was a yellow Lamborghini. Smiling, he opened the door and slipped inside.           



© 2009 Ben


Author's Note

Ben
This is a draft so I need as much help as possible! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very descriptive.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You had wonderful descriptions. The only thing is that the chapters greatly differ in length and there are several grammatical errors here and there. As said by Mandi, it isn't always clear what they're doing but you've got great potential. Keep at it!

- Steely

Posted 14 Years Ago


um. It was pretty good but the length of the first chapter and this one are very different. not that it's a bad thing i just thing you should make them a bit more even.
read this out loud to yourself and you will find the grammar problems, there were quite a few.
it's still not very clear to me what they're doing. Like why are they spying and making such a big deal? i totally forgot from the first chapter so you should repeat yourself at least once, if you know what i mean.
this was very good but i can tell it's your first draft so keep on it!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2009


Author

Ben
Ben

Varrock, Misthalin



About
I'm a 12 year old boy living in a house. I love Jesus and my church. I am an awesome drum player... kinda... My friends are the coolest people in the world and I love them! I write a many differen.. more..

Writing
Dance Dance

A Poem by Ben


Rise Rise

A Poem by Ben



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dance Dance

A Poem by Ben